Best prop 2002 no 882 merc xr6

Just bought the boat. Needs a prop. What are the specs for the prop? What is a good stainless prop for this motor? Ty

2. Member
    Mine had a 23 tempest ran about 60

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mopar4x4 View Post
    Mine had a 23 tempest ran about 60
    Is it a 19 spline?

4. Member
    The 23 tempest plus is the correct prop for that boat, that is what it would have had from the factory. The tempest has a flo torque hub setup so just get the correct hub for a v6 merc outboard and you should be all set.

FWIW i owned an NX882 with a 150 XR6 for 8 years and messed with lots of different props on mine. Nothing was better than the Tempest plus on that boat. A 4 blade the holeshot was horrible and the boat was slow, real slow.

The 882 likes a prop with a lot of lift and thats what the tempest plus is. My best setup was the 23 tempest, all 3 pvs plugs in large( that is what will come stock) and the motor at the highest setting on the non adjustable factory setback plate. I had mine in the top hole on the plate and the bottom most holes on the motor.

lets see some pics of the boat....
    Last edited by jb882; 02-21-2021 at 02:07 PM.

5. Member
    23 Tempest will be the best for that boat and motor combo. I ran that combo for about 4 years, with just me and a medium load it would touch 61. Ended up repowering the boat with a 150 pro xs and it was a little rocket ship!

6. Member
    I ran a 24 trophy and it ran great minimal blowout and ran at 56 with 4 batteries and gear. I also had a high five but to much blowout

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jb882 View Post
    The 23 tempest plus is the correct prop for that boat, that is what it would have had from the factory. The tempest has a flo torque hub setup so just get the correct hub for a v6 merc outboard and you should be all set.

FWIW i owned an NX882 with a 150 XR6 for 8 years and messed with lots of different props on mine. Nothing was better than the Tempest plus on that boat. A 4 blade the holeshot was horrible and the boat was slow, real slow.

The 882 likes a prop with a lot of lift and thats what the tempest plus is. My best setup was the 23 tempest, all 3 pvs plugs in large( that is what will come stock) and the motor at the highest setting on the non adjustable factory setback plate. I had mine in the top hole on the plate and the bottom most holes on the motor.

lets see some pics of the boat....
    20210220_144637.jpg

8. Member
    if thats the non adjustable set back raise the motor to the second hole

9. Member
    It is and I will move it up. Ty. Is there a real difference between a mirage plus and a tempest plus? Trying to stay within my budget.

10. Member
    It is and I will move it up. Ty. The top bolt is in the second hole down on the motor and the top hole in the jackplate. Is there a real difference between a mirage plus and a tempest plus? Trying to stay within my budget.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NHBill View Post
    It is and I will move it up. Ty. The top bolt is in the second hole down on the motor and the top hole in the jackplate. Is there a real difference between a mirage plus and a tempest plus? Trying to stay within my budget.

There is a difference between those props, the Mirage is really meant for big heavy off shore boats that don't need lift where the tempest is designed for a boat that needs bow lift to run like a bass boat. If it were me i would look for a used one if new is too much.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jb882 View Post
    There is a difference between those props, the Mirage is really meant for big heavy off shore boats that don't need lift where the tempest is designed for a boat that needs bow lift to run like a bass boat. If it were me i would look for a used one if new is too much.
    ty