Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    You were right about compass set up u have to have gps lite.Talked to MG u do have to good battery power for gps. One thing u could try deploy mg turn off power for for one minute turn then back on that’s one way. The other way which pissed me off is take it to service center 100miles away said I could have bad circuit board hope I can solve with out doing that.let me know if u get gps going.

2. Member
    I am going to buy new batteries tomorrow and see if that helps.

3. Member
    The MG rep. Said that could be problem.I think I got every thing going tightened all my bolts gps now working stow and deploy good.one good thing I found if u every break cable u can stow and deploy by pushing in latch’s good luck on getting gps going.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dett23 View Post
    The MG rep. Said that could be problem.I think I got every thing going tightened all my bolts gps now working stow and deploy good.one good thing I found if u every break cable u can stow and deploy by pushing in latch’s good luck on getting gps going.
    Thanks. I was pretty meticulous about the mount being level, and I have all kinds of rubber things between it and the hull. The latch is so easy to pull it fools me into thinking it never was latched in the first place. The mount is one think they absolutely nailed.

Quote Originally Posted by PMantle View Post
    I was hoping to avoid it. MG rep said it was not needed for anchor.

Thats what i understand...To use ur machines for control it needs to be networked. Thought it may be handy at the console at times.

6. Member
    I've never had a remote before. Was so nice to sit down and retie while being able to troll to the next spot without getting up to adjust. Hopefully I can get satellite lock soon and use those directional features.

7. Member
    Phew. So after scrambling last night to remove and replace the two TM batteries last night, I still couldn't get satellite lock. But TM wasn't fully out of the garage. Gave up. This morning, I pulled the boat fully into the driveway. Within a few minutes, it locked on and anchor attempted to work. Yay. Will try to sneak out early one day this week to see how it works on water.

I just spoke to MG. There's nothing you have to do other than deploy(That's how you turn it on as there's no on/off switch).
    So, every time you deploy it has to reacquire the GPS lock?
    There was a time that I didn't fish but I cannot remember it.

9. Member
    Good to here .i fish a tournament at lake Eufaula going to practice it’s 70 miles away hope every thing works there.Now researching lithium battery’s Wow $$$$

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Macsimus View Post
    So, every time you deploy it has to reacquire the GPS lock?
    I would think so.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dett23 View Post
    Good to here .i fish a tournament at lake Eufaula going to practice it’s 70 miles away hope every thing works there.Now researching lithium battery’s Wow $$$$
    I really don't ever want to install lead acids again. It damn near killed me last night.

12. Member

The clips they give you are too small for Livescope cables though.
    I put mine on yesterday and the livescope cables fit just fine in the clips that came with mine. No binding, cable slides within the clip after install. It was a bit of a struggle to get the clip onto the bracket with the cables in the clip. Make sure the clip is centered on the mount or it will get pinched on one end when you deploy or the other end when you stow (happened to me, thankfully the clip protected the cable). I am a bit worried about the cable getting smashed in the mount on one end of the other because the clip holds the cable so close to the pinch point.
    One thing I like about the pro over the Xi5 I just sold is the cable steer limits the amount of travel of the shaft and motor. That Xi5 would wrap the cable around the shaft and head in a heartbeat. I hated that pedal.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by coyote_451V View Post
    I put mine on yesterday and the livescope cables fit just fine in the clips that came with mine. No binding, cable slides within the clip after install. It was a bit of a struggle to get the clip onto the bracket with the cables in the clip. Make sure the clip is centered on the mount or it will get pinched on one end when you deploy or the other end when you stow (happened to me, thankfully the clip protected the cable). I am a bit worried about the cable getting smashed in the mount on one end of the other because the clip holds the cable so close to the pinch point.
    One thing I like about the pro over the Xi5 I just sold is the cable steer limits the amount of travel of the shaft and motor. That Xi5 would wrap the cable around the shaft and head in a heartbeat. I hated that pedal.
    Wow, after attempting, then eyeballing the space in those clips, I am absolutely amazed you got it done. I may try again, but I do not want a lot of pressure on that cable.

Also, I was never really clear as to which rail those clips actually go on. Can you help?

Oh, and that tape someone mentioned in another thread that looks like electrical tape, but only sticks to itself, works really well.

14. Member
    First trip yesterday after new batteries. It acquired satellite lock within a few seconds of deployment. After that, it was instantaneous with each deploy. Only tried anchor once(fishing a swamp) and it worked fine with no compass calibration deal. So now, the only negative I have is the movement is not as smooth as I had hoped. I guess that comes with having to move a motor that is not powered.

Good news on the satellite lock.

How would you further describe the movement not being as smooth as you'd hoped? Is it a gear feel? Or?
    There was a time that I didn't fish but I cannot remember it.

16. Member
    It's the feel you get when you force a motor to turn that's not energized. Like a drill that's not plugged in. My last two were Fortrex, then Digital Tour, so I am probably spoiled by how smooth those were. I manipulate the foot a lot when using livescope.

17. Member
    I’m not sure if this would help the ‘feel’ but there is instructions in the book on how to change the calibration on turning friction. I haven’t installed mine yet so IDK.
    ‘17 Bullet 21 SDC ‘20 Merc 300R 1.60 SM 1E081012

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketmanjp View Post
    I’m not sure if this would help the ‘feel’ but there is instructions in the book on how to change the calibration on turning friction. I haven’t installed mine yet so IDK.
    Yeah, I changed mine from whatever default was to 4/5 for now. Default was super easy and touchy. I will probably change it depending upon conditions.

I wish there were laminated flash cards for the various codes needed for these changes and calibrations. lol

19. Member
    Wow, after attempting, then eyeballing the space in those clips, I am absolutely amazed you got it done. I may try again, but I do not want a lot of pressure on that cable.

Also, I was never really clear as to which rail those clips actually go on. Can you help?

Oh, and that tape someone mentioned in another thread that looks like electrical tape, but only sticks to itself, works really well.
    It goes in between the main mount and the edge not on the edge. You have to pinch it together to get it in. Motor stowed, look down on it. Small valley between top and the side.
    Last edited by coyote_451V; 02-26-2021 at 01:43 PM.

20. Member
    It goes in here.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast