Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

New motor guide tour problems

After two trips to lake Seminole one practice day one tournament day. No gps pick up so no spot lock also lock down hung up several times. Set every thing up on local lake worked perfect one lock down hang up.Seminole is 70 miles from home tried compass set up at lake no help.gps on finders worked good.Every thing else was fine remote good hauled ass thru grass very good.this is second tour first perfect never a problem hope I can get this fixed. The boat is 07 triton tr196 it has hard rubber pad on front so I know every thing is level

Sorry to hear. Please update with how it is resolved.
    There was a time that I didn't fish but I cannot remember it.

Just installed mine yesterday but haven't got it on the water yet. I hope this is something easily resolved.

Basscat Eyra
    Mercury 250 ProXS

4. Member
    Called MG about lock hang up one said push down on head one said push down bracket nether worked to good I had to use small screw driver to force lock back . Going to call MG Monday.

5. Member
    I took mine out today. The satellite light never lit up. So, no way to anchor. Fairly disappointed. Hopefully it was either the clouds or a quick fix. The good news is, the transducer works very well.

6. Member
    Any problem with lock down?my gps worked ok on local lake 70 miles away nothing
    Last edited by dett23; 02-21-2021 at 08:51 PM.

7. Member
    Nope, the smoothest mechanism I have ever used on a TM mount.

Do you have to do anything other than lower motor to get the satellite lock? Mine was showing low battery. I wonder if that has anything to do with it?

8. Member
    Did u do the compass set up

9. Member
    No, I never got a light to come on.

10. Member
    The manual said to put tm down drive in circle 3 times with big motor make sure u are in deep water. Don’t know if low battery. Would be problem

11. Member
    I kinda thought that procedure only works after you get satallite lock. Is yours connected to a NMEA network? I didn't do that.

Following this. Hopefully, it’s an easy fix. Good to hear the drive mechanism is smooth.
    How does the Tour Pro compare to other TMs for noise under power?
    And how are the DI images?
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

13. Member
    I don’t have the tour with transducer I didn’t want to loose my down image so I used mine. I called MG about hooking to finder for pin point he said its its not compatible with humminbird.i guess it only works if u have the tour with transducer in the head.i am going to retighten my bracken bolts to see if that helps stow problem before I call MG about gps.l thought the compass set up was to use if didn’t get gps i tried that at lake Seminole didn’t help if u get gps to work let me no.
    Last edited by dett23; 02-22-2021 at 08:03 AM. Reason: Wrong word

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorCat View Post
    Following this. Hopefully, it’s an easy fix. Good to hear the drive mechanism is smooth.
    How does the Tour Pro compare to other TMs for noise under power?
    And how are the DI images?
    The drive is not smooth compared to my digital tour. You can tell you are forcing a motor to turn without power. I don't hate it,but don't love it either. I had to change the resistance to 4 out of 5 to get it where I liked it.

DI is at least as good as the HDi skimmer-probably a bit better. 2D is as good as I have ever seen. So nice to not have to run yet another cable on the motor shaft.

The clips they give you are too small for Livescope cables though.

The lift assist is great for deployment, but it does not give you a soft landing coming back in. I smashed a spinning reel.

Hate to hear that! Hope to finish installing mine today depending on the rain. Then test it in the next few day. Good luck and i'll be folowing.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Deer Tic View Post
    Hate to hear that! Hope to finish installing mine today depending on the rain. Then test it in the next few day. Good luck and i'll be folowing.
    When you do, deploy it if possible and see if you get satellite lock. Are you going to connect the nema network?

Quote Originally Posted by PMantle View Post
    The drive is not smooth compared to my digital tour. You can tell you are forcing a motor to turn without power. I don't hate it,but don't love it either. I had to change the resistance to 4 out of 5 to get it where I liked it.

DI is at least as good as the HDi skimmer-probably a bit better. 2D is as good as I have ever seen. So nice to not have to run yet another cable on the motor shaft.

The clips they give you are too small for Livescope cables though.

The lift assist is great for deployment, but it does not give you a soft landing coming back in. I smashed a spinning reel.
    Thanks for the overview. Just hoping for a similar feel to my current 07 MG Tour 82. I'm looking (hoping) for the same solid feel to the metal pedal with drive characteristics similar to my current TM. Good to know the resistance is adjustable. If DI and 2D are as good as I'm hearing then the MG checks all the boxes. Hoping to hear the noted GPS issues are resolved. Not sure how the initial setup of the MG's GPS differs from other TMs with similar anchor lock capabilities.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorCat View Post
    Not sure how the initial setup of the MG's GPS differs from other TMs with similar anchor lock capabilities.
    I just spoke to MG. There's nothing you have to do other than deploy(That's how you turn it on as there's no on/off switch). Will try this evening in the driveway now that we have a clear day. Unfortunately, I have no service centers in my town or even parish.

Quote Originally Posted by PMantle View Post
    When you do, deploy it if possible and see if you get satellite lock. Are you going to connect the nema network?

Yes sir, that is my plan. And reminds me that I also have to replace a new nmea to the bow. Had the end come a part on the old one!

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Deer Tic View Post
    Yes sir, that is my plan. And reminds me that I also have to replace a new nmea to the bow. Had the end come a part on the old one!
    I was hoping to avoid it. MG rep said it was not needed for anchor.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast