Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    8 ft bed tundra and have had an aluminum cap since day 1. Granted it was a work truck but even if I bought another vehicle I would still get a cap. Just ingrained into my way of driving.

2. Member
    i put a used ARE on my old F-150. Purchased a new 2019 F-350 and put a Leer on it. Wish I would have gone with a ARE. Always have the topper on the truck in the winter. Anyway, I take mine on and off occasionally when I tow the 5th wheel trailer. Much prefer the topper to hold my gear and not have stuff blow out of the back bed. I also have a tri fold for the F-350 that will cover the 5th wheel hitch. Again, like to keep my gear covered and have a spot for it without it being in the cab.

3. Member
    Best thing I ever did, ARE z series on Super Duty. Have yet to run across a scenario that I wished it was open. In my opinion the tonneaus are ok but never would I ever recommend a tonneau over a topper. Unkess of course a 5th wheel scenario

4. Member
    I need one a couple times a year so I have one. Don't like it though.

5. Member
    I personally have to have a top on my trucks . 10-12 tournaments a year all over the place then duck hunting all over the country also with gear and dogs . My recent truck top is a snug top brand ,there top of line it has power locks on it linked to my truck key .

Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    People buy trucks for different uses, i bought mine to use as a truck so i don't want to fool with a topper or cover.
    Me all day. I go back and forth over getting a cover...then I'll have a day when I'm carrying big items or a load of topsoil and I'm thankful I didn't do it. Had a camper shell on one back in the late 90's. I eventually got to the point where I regretted it.
    2016 Nitro Z21
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

7. Member
    Camper shells and a trailer for the big stuff is what I do. I still haul a bunch of firewood with the cap it just gets loaded at the tailgate and I can haul it stacked higher

No topper here. Just don't care for the look. Last truck had a soft roll up cover. Ok in the warmer months. Hard as heck to roll and snap on in the colder months. This truck I got a tri-fold top. Most of the time I just have a work box in there with stuff like a pump jack, jumper cables etc.Plenty of room around the box for people to throw some rods in there. That is where the Bed Rug shines. Put rods and reels in there and they don't move around, and they don't get scratched.
    My son burns wood and pellets. Pop the cover off in 2 minutes. Pulling the work box takes a little more, because we have to unload it a little bit to lift it out of the truck. If we are getting him wood fill it up, we just put it on the rug and vacuum it out after . If we are getting him pellets, just have to make sure the fork driver is careful to not drag it on the carpet.
    Ranger Z-20, Yamaha F225.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123