Thread: Lynx layout

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lynx layout

I wanted to see if someone can or has posted pictures of how they use the front deck layout. Live the boat but I’m concerned about the layout.. I just use to the big center box housing the majority of my tackle. The caracal actually makes sense to me. Now to find a caracal to buy..... pickin is slim right now.
    any help is greatly appreciated!

2. Member
    I’m not good at posting pics but I can tell you how my 2021 is. I came from a ranger so I always used the center for tackle. Well I’ve tried laying the lynx out a few different ways and found best for me where rods on the port side, tackle in the middle, cloths and stuff for the day in the starboard front box. The starboard back box has life jackets boots for cold and extra fishing line. I have first aid kit and boat info in the starboard back box behind driver seat. And port box open for who ever is fishing with me.
    Gun Control..... Is hitting your target every time

3. Member
    So I load my Lynx almost exactly like Generator does. Rods are stored in the port side rod locker. Middle compartment is all tackle. Starboard compartment closes to the console is rain gear, line, life jackets, miscellaneous gear etc. Starboard compartment I use as my day box. One thing I do is all my terminal tackle and plastics are stored in the behind the seat storage. So all the tackle in the front center storage compartment is the lighter stuff. Seems to help with getting the nose of this girl up and aired out.

4. Member
    That’s what I’m thinking of how I would use the center storage as my tackle storage. I still would love to see pictures because of how it goes from wide to narrow. I just envision everything sliding around in there and not being a good fit

5. Member
    I have one picture of my center storage, but it was right when I got it so I don’t have much tackle in the middle. Honestly though once I load my plastics and terminal tackle in the back compartments I don’t really have a lot to put in the center.

6. Member

The Lynx is intended to place today’s important rods and today’s tackle boxes in the center box. It’s a personal style topic, we like using the sides and it seemed other boat brand owners wanted center rod boxes. Then some wanted a little tackle laced in. This is a combo of that style set. You can place about 17 rods in the center, and up to 11 Plano/Flambeau (700) boxes. This should be the work box for the day.

The front is set for a crashq helmet with a day box, and the right rear storage is to tuck away lighter 700 boxes and has the net scabbard for a 6’ dip net. Then there are seat storages for propeller and tools, along with the rear deck storage boxes for heavier tools and lead baits. The passenger side has a glove box for co-angler and the rear storage for his gear.

There are a couple of videos on Facebook with Rick rolling through the layout intent.

BCB

I love this boat for many reasons but what it has taught me to do is consolidate my tackle and quit carrying around half of a Tackle Warehouse in my boat !! LOL

My port side has extra rods (approx. 15) and 2 separate utility binders for spinnerbaits and chatterbaits.
    My center box has various Plano boxes with crank baits stored on the side rails and a Bass Mafia terminal tackle box stored on the underside of the lid. I also put what rods I am likely to use for a given day (approx. 10) in the center and will be on the deck strapped down.
    My starboard side front box has 5 Plano tackle boxes and the back box in front of the console has Bass Mafia Money bags with various plastics by type. In my opinion, removing extra bulk plastic out of the boat is key. It simply weighs a lot if you carry too much of it, which I was totally guilty of.
    My port side rear compartment behind the passenger seat has my life jackets. When you go on the water and pull them out then your partner has a whole box open for his tackle.
    My starboard side rear compartment behind the drivers seat has tool box, rope, throw cushion and extra room for spare clothes, helmet, rain gear, misc. etc. All depends on the weather stuff

Just like RTRCraft said ... getting the nose up on this girl is critical. Once you get that, this boat is in a class by itself. I say that unbiased having been fortunate to own several other boats in the past. I describe this boat to others asking about it as "unique", meaning that there is no other boat I have been in that has the characteristics of this boat. It's kinda hard to explain unless you have one. I personally like the triangulation of the boxes. No more rods getting dumped over the side opening a box and when you sit in one and tie on different baits etc. it is very user friendly, especially in a single console set up.

Hope this helps ... my set up is certainly up for debate. My only advice for a Lynx is to "lighten up" what you put in it and use your compartments/boxes wisely. When you do, this boat will let you know it !

Tight lines
    2024 Bass Cat Puma STS
    2024 Mercury V8 ProXS 250hp

I empty my boat after each trip. I may fish Chickamauga one day, Dale Hollow the next. It's amazing how much tackle we carry. What works on Chickamauga will not work on Dale Hollow. My center compartment is usually 10-15 rods and with maybe 8 3700s so it light. All my plastics go behind the massive compartment behind passenger seat. I'd be happy to share photos in a text or email.
    2022 Basscat Jaquar
    Mercury 300 Pro Xs

10. Member
    IMG_9702.jpgIMG_9703.jpgIMG_9704.jpgIMG_9705.jpgIMG_9706.jpgIMG_9707.jpg

I guess I have mine set up like Bass Cat intended. Rods and light tackle up front. Heavier tackle and plastics under the seats and in rear compartments.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Steel View Post
    I empty my boat after each trip. I may fish Chickamauga one day, Dale Hollow the next. It's amazing how much tackle we carry. What works on Chickamauga will not work on Dale Hollow. My center compartment is usually 10-15 rods and with maybe 8 3700s so it light. All my plastics go behind the massive compartment behind passenger seat. I'd be happy to share photos in a text or email.
    What prop works best for you? I’m picking up my lynx with a 300 this week

12. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick McFaul View Post
    IMG_9702.jpgIMG_9703.jpgIMG_9704.jpgIMG_9705.jpgIMG_9706.jpgIMG_9707.jpg

I guess I have mine set up like Bass Cat intended. Rods and light tackle up front. Heavier tackle and plastics under the seats and in rear compartments.
    Looking at all them rods, I can see you don't like to use quality stuff..... Honestly looks like my rod locker at any given day...

The best prop on my Lynx overall has been a 26 Bravo 1XS, mines on a 250 SHO, but a lot of the 300 Mercury 4 strokes are running this one as well with good results. My 2018 is loaded like Rick's boat as well.

14. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by mike464 View Post
    The best prop on my Lynx overall has been a 26 Bravo 1XS, mines on a 250 SHO, but a lot of the 300 Mercury 4 strokes are running this one as well with good results. My 2018 is loaded like Rick's boat as well.
    Cant wait to see how your new one comes out. That color combo is going to be hot!!!!

15. Member
    Attached Images Attached Images

[QUOTE=Stroker250xs;11708148]What prop works best for you? I’m picking up my lynx with a 300 this I

I recently tried a 27 Bravo Xs, I believe a 26 would fit the bill perfect. It's just hard to find one used, I'd be sending it off for tweaking.
    2022 Basscat Jaquar
    Mercury 300 Pro Xs

I have 300 on my 2019 still trying props out. Right now I’m liking the 4 blade fury 24, just sent 3 blade fury to Ronnie Gilbert to have modified. The 4 blade has good hole shot and had her to 74 loaded and probably get a little more but that’s enough for this old man.LOL Good luck keep me posted on what you find works best. Tight lines.

18. Member
    It currently has a 24p fury 4 and I have a 26p promax I’m going to try. I also have a 28p promax I’m going to try but I’m sure it will be to much wheel.

19. Member
    I find it interesting that some Lynx owners still load the boat traditionally regardless of its intended design.
    We all find what works best for our style of fishing, regardless of layout.

I'm in my tackle WAAAAAYYY more then I switch out rods. Having my tackle in the center benefits me in the PII.
    Over the years I also quit loading rods on both sides of the front deck.
    I usually fish on the port side of the front deck. It stays free of rods. I have 4-6 rods on the starboard.
    My additional rods go in the co-anglers spot. It seems I am always making changes to make it more efficient for my style of fishing.

My favorite layout so far of the BCB's is the Eyra coffins lids! I always said, A PII designed like the Eyra would be the perfect 19 footer. Gotta add the side scoops too!

Don
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stroker250xs View Post
    What prop works best for you? I’m picking up my lynx with a 300 this week
    Lynx with Mercury 300 Pro XS 4S..4 blade 24 pitch Fury is the prop i like..you will give up about 2 to 3 mph on top end but worth it for the way it performs across the board..
    2020 Basscat Lynx..
    2020 Mercury 300 Pro XS 4S..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast