Ranger z21 transom repaired?

Question for Ranger owners and fiberglass experts, my transom repaired in shop and now is not separated between top and bottom off boat. Deferent than factory, now is glassed together between top and bottom in one piece. Fiberglass guy told me now my transom is much stronger than before. My boat is Ranger Z21 2005 mercury verado 250hp. Please if anybody have experience with ranger transom be help to me, because I first time see transom glassed between top and bottom of boat. Thank you very much in advance and sorry for my bad English

I’ll be glad to take a look if you can provide a pic. I have a Nautique Star in my shop right now with a busted transom.
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

3. Member
    I don’t have any pictures boat is still in shop, I told guy to send me pictures. Probably next week and for I got pictures I posted for sure

4. Banned
    You don't see too many transoms failing on rangers? Is it a pulltrusion transom? The style that has the braces running perpendicular to the transom? This is how my 2013 is built, looks like a solid set up... wonder how it failed???

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jtracc View Post
    You don't see too many transoms failing on rangers? Is it a pulltrusion transom? The style that has the braces running perpendicular to the transom? This is how my 2013 is built, looks like a solid set up... wonder how it failed???
    Thank you very much for answer, yes my looks like a solid set up, I never see on ranger something like that. That’s why I like to see anybody have transom like that? How long time you repair you transom and do you have any issues with transom? Thank you

6. Member
    If your saying he glassed the top cap to the transom then that won't add any extra strength. So saying it is much stronger no it's not. I would only use a glass shop that has experience in a Ranger pulltrusion transom not just any glass shop. Post up some pictures of what was done I would like to see it.
    04 521VX 250 Pro XS
    14 521C 250 Pro XS

7. Member
    Resized_20201215_153938.jpgResized_20201215_154027.jpgResized_20201215_164557.jpgResized_20201215_164609.jpg This is only 4 pictures for I have and his fixed all cracks and glassed together transom green pice and top white pice and you can't see separation between cap and transom, and he told me now is much stronger then before

8. Banned
    How did it fail ? What was the issue ? Did you hit something? Like a said you don’t see ranger transforms failing often just wondering.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jtracc View Post
    How did it fail ? What was the issue ? Did you hit something? Like a said you don’t see ranger transforms failing often just wondering.
    Only moving a lot and crack bracket inside, insurance coverd all repair

10. Shane Douglas Fishing
    who do you have insurance with? did you hit something?

11. Member

12. Member
    If I'm seeing things correctly there is 2 seams now in your transom , NOT a acceptable repair

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scotty34 View Post
    If I'm seeing things correctly there is 2 seams now in your transom , NOT a acceptable repair
    Thank you very much