Remove rod tubes from 175

Has anyone actually done this? I hate them and know .any others too and have seen people talk about doing it. But any advice or pics on how it's been done? I unscrewed the black screws on the face but when it didn't pop off easily thats as far as I got. Any idea what's behind that plate or how to get tubes out?

2. Banned
    No clue haven't messed with mine. I would suggest using your cell phone and reaching through the big hole in the middle for a few inside shots. You should be able to see what's behind it and how it is mounted.

3. Member
    Removed mine, I drilled the rivets out in the compartment, then I took the front panel off and drilled out the rivets holding the front part and they slid right out. I cut the aluminum part out with a grinder then folded the carpet over and glued it. Way more room like that.
    20201129_165613.jpg

20201129_181821.jpg

4. Member
    That's awesome. I wonder if it'll be the same on mine, my rod lockers are on the sides for a 2020, I'm going to take a look. Thank you

5. Scraps
    I removed mine from a Phoenix and much happier and less aggravation. I use reel covers and sleeves so no tangling. I wouldn't hesitate. I can fit double the rods in my box than with the organizer.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

6. Member
    I did the same as the pics above...my rod tubes didnt just slide out there was foam holding them in the front kind of a pain to get out really

7. Member
    I just removed my rod tubes similar to above this past weekend. I found one of the tubes slid out easily, but the other did not. I removed the recessed trolling motor pedal mount and was able to easily reach in and dislodge the tube. It was held in place by some of the foam they used during assembly.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassfisher444 View Post
    Removed mine, I drilled the rivets out in the compartment, then I took the front panel off and drilled out the rivets holding the front part and they slid right out. I cut the aluminum part out with a grinder then folded the carpet over and glued it. Way more room like that.
    20201129_165613.jpg

20201129_181821.jpg
    What you use for the rails there running back, and how you mount them? Want to do the same with my 2014, and place plano boxs down the side.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by acummins View Post
    What you use for the rails there running back, and how you mount them? Want to do the same with my 2014, and place plano boxs down the side.
    1x4 boards with a piece of aluminum angle screwed to the backside and to the floor, I can get some pictures of it if you want.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassfisher444 View Post
    1x4 boards with a piece of aluminum angle screwed to the backside and to the floor, I can get some pictures of it if you want.
    It makes since, how long of screws you use on the floor?

11. Member
    3/4" screws I think.

12. Member
    Anyone done this on a 195 with port and starboard lockers?

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chones View Post
    Anyone done this on a 195 with port and starboard lockers?

I just completed this on my 2020 175 Tracker TXW. I made a short youtube video about it actually, it wasnt terrible work and I am absolutely so happy that I did it. Video here if anyone wants to check it out.

Last edited by lovetogofish; 04-22-2021 at 09:11 PM.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lovetogofish View Post
    I just completed this on my 2020 175 Tracker TXW. I made a short youtube video about it actually, it wasnt terrible work and I am absolutely so happy that I did it. Video here if anyone wants to check it out.

Awesome job on that!! I have a 2020 TXW and have been meaning to do something similar but have not had the time and am glad I didn't now as I can use your video and do something pretty close to the same if not identical

edit: what diameter was that fence post sleeve and how long?
    Last edited by MikeCSr; 04-22-2021 at 09:20 PM. Reason: adding a question

15. Member
    Post was 4x4 deck post cover. I cut it 18 inches and then it just naturally will angle the rod when you slide it in.

16. Member
    Thank you for the info!

17. Scraps
    Take 'em out and just use rod socks, I also use reel covers so I can pile rods in there without damage.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lovetogofish View Post

This is great, thank you! Will likely do this on my 190. Blows my mind what a waste of time the tube setup is in this overwise great boat!

19. Member
    good job, will reference this