Lake Amistad hotel recommendations

I was planning on a trip to Fork but am changing to Amistad due to weather. Looking for hotel recommendations that is boat friendly and safe. Looking for hotel with hook up to charge the boat and prefer to not have to disconnect the boat. Thanks in advance. Harry

2. Member
    Best Western Inn and Suites (830)775-7511 or if Tommy has room River St Lodging 830-734-3248. There is several timing may be a factor (Tournaments).

Harry,
    Like Ray said check with Tommy but be careful and a make DANG sure on the dates. He's notorious for double booking then adjusting to which one will make more money.
    Also do a search---- lady at Loraine's cantina has some new cabins. (830)775-8058 thats the Wednesday night steak number but same people.. Plus theres some trailers out at box canyon if you'd rather stay at one vs a motel.
    The only big tournament showing on web site is the Border Big bass on 3/13.. I believe that is also spring break.
    Think I'll head down Monday may have to do some frozen pipe repairs.
    Good luck

4. Member
    3/20/2021 Border Battle Bass Tournament Diablo East Fish / 3/27 Texas Team Trail / Texas Fishing League 2/27 and 4/10, 4/17 and 4/18 Bass Champs plus one not scheduled. Besides a bunch of smaller club tournaments.

6BOOMER
    The Hourly Border Bass is the deal Rudy's has a big hand in every year-correct?
    Who puts on the Border Bass Battle ?

6. Member
    That i'm not sure on. I also saw that scheduled for Mar 13. Rudy's is March 20 this year. Could have been a mistake with NPS that may have been the scheduled event for 2020 that was cancelled and held in Nov.

Never thought of the rescheduled deal..
    So if the Hourly big bass deal is the 20th not the 13th I'll have to miss it.

8. Member
    Thanks everyone with the info. I will be down there next weekend. Feb26 -28. Harry

Good luck. I'll be down during the week.. If I get on a good deal I'll PM.
    Due to the time of year and this front it will change everyday. ^They were starting to move up good before the front , now there probably 40-65 ft deep but might be on the bank by Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by 6BOOMER View Post
    That i'm not sure on. I also saw that scheduled for Mar 13. Rudy's is March 20 this year. Could have been a mistake with NPS that may have been the scheduled event for 2020 that was cancelled and held in Nov.
    Looked at Rudy's website.. hourly big bass is march 20..... the 13th must be as you thought..never changed from last years rescheduled.
    I'll be at Ivey.

11. Member
    Today lowest temp we saw was 48.7. Nothing higher than 52. Just got off at 2:30..Still some good grass but down 2.5 ft.

12. Member
    Thanks everyone. Just booked with Rvr St Lodging. This will be my first trip to Texas, what is a good area to concentrate on? Only got two days to fish. Would the steeper bluffs be better than flats and back of coves?

Thanks, Harry

13. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 6BOOMER View Post
    Today lowest temp we saw was 48.7. Nothing higher than 52. Just got off at 2:30..Still some good grass but down 2.5 ft.

Similar temps as Choke, 46-49. Grass still looks ok in the deeper water.