Fuel additive storage bottle

Just picked up a 2014 Mercury 150hp 4 stroke and was looking to use the Quicksilver 3 steps of additives. I don't use a lot of gas and have duel tanks filling up about 10 gallons at a time. Those bottles make a mess when trying to just add 1-2 ounces. Was thinking what if I took a empty plastic Sta-Bil container and added equally the 3 Quicksilver steps. Then I could squeeze the needed amount into long neck to add in gas tank?

2. Member
    That's what I've been doing for years with Stabil and Ringfree for my HPDI Yamaha. Works perfect.

3. Member
    Think all just try 2oz of all 3 products and if they stay mixed and don't separate should be good I hope.

4. Member
    You can mix them, because they mix in your tank anyway.

I just save a few empty bottles and then build the cocktail in those, put a label on it saying “mixed” and note the oz/gal required. Then I keep one in the truck when I go boating. Just
    2016 Ranger 1850 LS Reata / Merc 150 4s / SmartCraft / Lowrance HDS Carbon SS3D

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Keep in mind that you do not need to run ALL THREE products.

1 & 2 for everyday use... where fuel will be consumed and replaced within 45 days.

For extended fuel storage (beyond the 45-60 day time frame), you can simply use #2 and #3.

And yes, you can mix them in "shooters" for whatever volume of fuel you normally add to a tank. Just be sure to mark the container clearly as to what is in it.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor