Thread: Dallas Area

Dallas Area

Hey. I'm driving my family down Dallas to stay in a VRBO in the Bishop Arts neighborhood. I am pretty sure you'll be thawed out by then since it's over a week away. Thinking about pulling the boat down and taking a day trip to Lake Fork and a couple half days on lakes closer to Dallas. The lady that owns the VRBO said she would not advise parking a boat on the street. Do you guys have any recommendations on what to do with a boat during the off days and nights in this situation? I was thinking of contacting area marinas and asking if I could park a boat there. Or boat dealers. Any other thoughts? I appreciate the help. I've only fished in Texas once so this is a whole new deal but looking at the ice and snow up here it seems totally worth the hassle. Thanks.

I would look up a storage facility and see if they would rent you a unit for a short time.Some will do a month only contract.

3. Member
    Thanks! I didn’t even think of that as an option.

I would look into hiring a guide for a day on Fork - most are like $500 per day, plus they will furnish everything you need to fish. It would probably cost less than dragging your boat all the way from MN and back. Finding day to day storage facility might be difficult in Dallas, however, one of the marinas at Lake Lewisville or Ray Hubbard might be a good alternative.

5. Lounge/Texas Club/Triton Boats Moderator Bobs21X's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas Larry View Post
    I would look into hiring a guide for a day on Fork - most are like $500 per day, plus they will furnish everything you need to fish. It would probably cost less than dragging your boat all the way from MN and back. Finding day to day storage facility might be difficult in Dallas, however, one of the marinas at Lake Lewisville or Ray Hubbard might be a good alternative.
    And it would eliminate the risk of theft and/or vandalism. Many areas not safe, and the boat sitting there is an open invite.