Charger 203 Elites in Japan!

Word on the street is that there are currently Charger 203 Elites in Japan! Anyone got pics or info?

'98 187 Elite, 175 EFI (Serial 0G750796)

2. Member
    this guy needs to lay off the coffee if there were 203s built somebody would have a picture of it.

3. Member
    Yeah theres no way they would build a 203 in Japan without having it in the states. Plus pictures would be seen.

4. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    The 203 is being built at charger or I should say in the process.Yes Japan has a bunch on order when I say a bunch more than 20-less than 200.When will they be sold here I have no clue ,Joe may slide a few orders in between the Japan orders.If you are interested I would get my order in now to be in line but don’t expect them in 3 days.The 203 will be a hit iam sure.

5. Banned
    Made it about two minutes into the video and had to shut it off. Just guessing he says the new 203 is already available in Japan?

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jarhead175 View Post
    Made it about two minutes into the video and had to shut it off. Just guessing he says the new 203 is already available in Japan?
    I only made it a minute.

7. Member
    the guy in the vid does a lot of talking but doesnt have a clue about what he is talking about .

8. Member
    At least he didn’t rip it to shreds like Ken Smith

The man has passion for what he does and most certainly a Champion boat fan. If you don't like what he posts then don't watch it but to bash his videos and say he has no clue what he is talking about is extremely immature and incorrect. He built his business up from nothing and from what I gather is the type pf dealer that will go out of his way to get you back up and running.

What did we get out of the video...Charger is an amazing company that puts quality above quantity, Kelly Powers has a passion for the Champion line that he puts his heart and soul into the product to make sure its a success, Chargers arent cheap but they are a company that backs up their product and last but not least the 203 is a go and we should see it soon. If Japan already has them, great! We should have some great feed back on the model and they like to buy them up so that keeps Charger open and making boats.

All in all its a Win for Charger and Champion boat fans. I hope we see more of the 210 and can't wait for the 203 and see how it performs.
    Joe Galada - Tamaqua, PA
    2004 Ranger 521VX - Yamaha 250 SHO

10. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Per Joe Dorris not ready for production yet

11. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ssmithboats View Post
    the guy in the vid does a lot of talking but doesnt have a clue about what he is talking about .
    Steve, I really didn't see/hear any misinformation. I do agree that his delivery could be a little more professional, but hey, probably his personality & one of his employees shooting it with a Go Pro or cell phone.

Quote Originally Posted by wishitwasbigger View Post
    At least he didn’t rip it to shreds like Ken Smith
    Mike, guess I'll have to watch it again. I didn't think Ken ripped it to shreds. I do think one of his dislikes about finding the switches in the dark was unfounded. I can't say I've ever been in a bass boat that had lit switches until they were turned on. I don't care for the foot blocks with the pull out drawers. It reduces floor space under the consoles and looks like the passenger side could be a trip hazard with the passenger console removed. But that's just my 2¢. Ken's biggest deal, I think was the lack of contingency money, which I guess if I fished the trails like he does, would probably be important. I do like the pump access. It is a genuine pain in the ass to access the pumps in my Champion 210, three of the batteries and the oil tank have to come out to access the bilge area.

If I was in the market for a new boat, I bet I would seriously look at the 203. It was what I was looking for when I found my 210. I love the room in my 210, but miss the ride of my 201. The 203 is a 90" beam, kinda in-between the 201 & 210.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ssmithboats View Post
    The guy in the video is very much a Champion aficionado and goes out of his way to fully rebuild and restore old Champion bass boats. He know a lot more than most of us about bass boats. He may have misspoke about what Kelly Power said about the 203, but the fact of the matter is that the 203 is coming and it will be worth the buy.
    '98 187 Elite, 175 EFI (Serial 0G750796)