Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    RMG63
    1999 Triton tr21 225 opti
    2004 Ranger 520vx 225 Evinrude HO
    2016 Ranger Z521c 250 Evinrude G2

Quote Originally Posted by WI-Bassin View Post
    I would like to just see some real time images/video from it. Has anybody been lucky enough to see anything?
    I’ve read that “people have seen it” but no one has ever leaked an image so I’m just taking it as hearsay because without proof it don’t mean much haha
    Lord knows I’m about ready to go ahead and go the garmin route rather than wait for something that “might” be great. I just wish there was some kind of release of some kind. I’m sure as soon as I bought something they will release it and I will have buyers remorse for not waiting though lol

Quote Originally Posted by RMG63 View Post
    Always a pleasure to post things on here. I don't need a financial advisor or some smart aleck response back. I was just putting out information on the product that was relayed to me ... and clearly said "when it happens, it happens".
    And FYI ... What I do with my own money is my business. I don't question anyone on here what they do with theirs and if I did, I would certainly have enough class and respect to not post something derogatory.

Enjoy your weekend
    bingo brother, you work for your money spend it as you see fit. I guarantee that humminbird will fulfill pre orders before anything else because it’s good business

Thanks ya'll for the POSITIVE responses.

I don't/didn't claim to know anything more than what I was told on the release of this, it may very well be mid-summer or who knows when. I'm not special or above anyone else on here ... just your average Joe fisherman who enjoys fishing and the good Lord has blessed me with ability to "pre-order" a product that I did not have to have a Financial Advisor tell me it was sound ... or not. Nothing more.

Tight lines

Everyone be safe, be healthy and enjoy your weekend :)
    2024 Bass Cat Puma STS
    2024 Mercury V8 ProXS 250hp

5. Member
    I hope you aren't referring to my question as "derogatory".

I could care less how anyone chooses to spend their money. I was seeking some honest information to assist me in spending mine.

6. Member
    It was a Black Friday marketing ploy to stop the fence sitters from buying LiveScope.

They will not meet the date they stated (they will use the covid excuse) give a new date, not make that one (covid again) and for the 2022 season it will probably come out (cause by that time Garmin will probably put our LiveScope 2).

It is what it is....can’t wait to ice melts and I can fish again :)

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RMG63 View Post
    Thanks ya'll for the POSITIVE responses.

I don't/didn't claim to know anything more than what I was told on the release of this, it may very well be mid-summer or who knows when. I'm not special or above anyone else on here ... just your average Joe fisherman who enjoys fishing and the good Lord has blessed me with ability to "pre-order" a product that I did not have to have a Financial Advisor tell me it was sound ... or not. Nothing more.

Tight lines

Everyone be safe, be healthy and enjoy your weekend :)
    I think you took more offense to my post than I intended. For that I apologize :)
    I actually looked online to see if the Motorguide tour pro was available yet as I PURCHASED that entirely from Bass Pro and waited about 8 months before cancelling the order.
    Any sarcasm in my post was directed at your source, not you.... as most retailers will TYPICALLY always say their preorders will be filled first, but unfortunately we get no time horizon on when the supplier will actually be ABLE to fill those orders, again on information it sounds like they dont even have yet.....

I get why preorders exist, and I wasnt meaning to tell you specificially, I've just been burned for the same exact scenario in the past and that was WHEN they actually posted about the trolling motor, gave a release date, and still failed to make it.
    I am not impatient with the Mega Live, mainly because I am trying to be pleasantly surprised. I think we as fishing consumers should expect more from the marketplace, as maybe we let them jerk us around or we do it to ourselves, but.....

I bought a G4N unit based on information from RMP (retailer)
    You preordered a unit that, nobody in the public has seen or can prove, and humminbird hasnt even announced "officially"

I dont know many markets where that would be an acceptable practice. But maybe I am too young.
    Didnt meant to offend as badly as I did, it wasnt directed at you as much as it sounded!
    AGain, I speak from someone who has already done what you have done, with more money on the line..... the trolling motor bass pro sitting on my $2200 or whatever it was for about 8 months.
    2010 Nitro X-5 w/ 90HP Mercury Optimax
    2020 Ultrex Ipilot Link MDI
    Helix 12 MDI G3N
    Helix 12 MSI G3N
    Mega 360

8. Member
    And before anyone goes and says "well you DIDNT need to buy the g4n obviously if Mega live wasnt even close to release"

I know I "didnt"
    I didnt have a unit on the front of my boat, had an annual fishing trip coming up and mega live was "leaked"
    Humminbird changed facts on RMP and told them g4n would be required.
    Me knowing most likely, I would eventually want the option to go with Mega Live, I wanted whatever unit would be required to run it.

It was a $400 Mistake, only blame myself, nobodies fault.... just dont like asking questions and being told false answers.... Its almost like they have written laws about this kinda thing.
    Meanwhile you know the guys at Humminbird, and their entire marketing department, reads this stuff loving knowing we do a pretty good job for them :) The rumor train is fast and strong.
    2010 Nitro X-5 w/ 90HP Mercury Optimax
    2020 Ultrex Ipilot Link MDI
    Helix 12 MDI G3N
    Helix 12 MSI G3N
    Mega 360

This is what I think reality is.

HB has no commitment to fill anyone’s “pre-order”. They have no “pre-order” bank or prioritization. That pre-order is between you and whoever you give your money to. They have an allocation from the factory for x number of units and will get them when they get them. If their “pre-orders” are more than their allocation, oh well to bad for you.

2019 Basscat Caracal
    225 Evinrude G2
    Solix 12 Mega SI bow and console
    Mega Live
    36V Ultrex

Quote Originally Posted by 18RangerZ520L View Post
    Not yet, G3's just came out.
    Thanks, that’s what I thought. The original post said G4 Solix and Helix...they must have just meant Helix.

I just saw a picture of KVD’s boat at Redcrest. He has something mounted on his Ultrex shaft other than a Karaoke machine.
    ‘22 Ranger Z520R - Mercury 250 Pro XS
    Humminbird/Minn Kota One Boat Network

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Rich View Post
    I just saw a picture of KVD’s boat at Redcrest. He has something mounted on his Ultrex shaft other than a Karaoke machine.

13. Member

BMWNC2 ... thanks for the clarification. I apologize for mis-interpreting your comment.

I paid for it thru a person I know and i also paid for it in a way that IF the product never gets released, then I can get my money back. To be honest, the only hesitancy I had in getting one was avoiding constantly staring at my Solix unit with MegaLive running instead of paying attention to all the other things going on around me in the water !!! I refuse to be a video game fisherman.

But I also grew up when Lowrance introduced the 1240A flasher ... and to be honest, I can remember my Dad constantly looking down at that unit as well back in the day !! Pretty ironic

But they are just tools to help us catch more fish. Times change and so do the tools that comes with it. Doesn't mean you will catch more fish, doesn't mean you even need one in the first place. The best thing about all fish is they don't care what boat you have, what kind of fancy rod/reel and lure your using ... mega this, livescope that. A silent approach and a well placed cast is 80% of the battle.

Consumers are worried about the "bugs" that come with newly released products. That's a fair concern but "bugs" are constantly being fixed with new version software updates etc., so I don't buy into the idea of not getting something based on that alone and its "new". People said the same thing about Ultrex when it came out.

Thanks again for the clarification, lets hope winter is waning so we all can get back on the water and quit sitting behind these computers !!
    2024 Bass Cat Puma STS
    2024 Mercury V8 ProXS 250hp

15. Member
    While few of us fish like Jacob Wheeler his has some interesting thought on forward facing sonar for tourneys. Link: https://majorleaguefishing.com/angle...r-part-1-of-2/
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

Quote Originally Posted by bobcoy View Post
    While few of us fish like Jacob Wheeler his has some interesting thought on forward facing sonar for tourneys. Link: https://majorleaguefishing.com/angle...r-part-1-of-2/
    Everything he said is true.
    06 Skeeter 20i Yamaha 250 HPDI
    Visit my Youtube Channel!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCW6p06navSpOqUn3xotG2vA

17. Member
    Hopefully those who pre-order will have better luck than the Lowrance guys did. I saw a few on here who pre-ordered who were still waiting well after guys were buying it from Bass pro. No guarantee that your vendor will be at the top of the list when humminbirds start shipping. It will likely go to the big retail guys first

Quote Originally Posted by bobcoy View Post
    He literally hit the nail on the head. Not only does it not guarantee you getting bit, it also doesn’t guarantee you set your sights on the winning school of fish either. It can’t show you what’s not in front of you lol. It’s not the magic bullet everyone thinks it is. I’m literally buying forward facing sonar (hopefully mega live if it is up to par with other systems) for specific situations I come across year in and year out. And if I discover other times it’s beneficial then cool. But I’m in no way expecting for it to suddenly make me king of the lake. I’ve literally already seen tourneys where the guys who stared at livescope all day got beat and I’ve seen days where they beat everybody. It’s not the end of fishing as we know it as I’ve read some say on different boards

19. Member
    Care to share the pic....I’d love to see what you’re talking about.

20. Ranger Boats Moderator 22RangerZ520R's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alpine4x4 View Post
    Everything he said is true.

2022 Ranger Z520R | 2022 Platinum F250
    Apex 19 | (2) Apex 16's | Mega 360 | Mega Live

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast