Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mark482vs View Post
    Have a buddy who swears he saw a fish and boat commision posting that wake boats are outlawed on lake anna?
    Holy crap I just watched a video of these Wake Boats, I had no clue these boats existed or the whole wake surfing was a thing, I have never seen these things on the Potomac River. The wake those things leave are worse than the big cabin cruisers I encounter on the Potomac, no wonder I haven't been to Lake Anna in years.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by obsession18 View Post
    Holy crap I just watched a video of these Wake Boats, I had no clue these boats existed or the whole wake surfing was a thing, I have never seen these things on the Potomac River. The wake those things leave are worse than the big cabin cruisers I encounter on the Potomac, no wonder I haven't been to Lake Anna in years.
    don't worry they are every where. Even on my home lake in Pa. Trust me those dam things put up waves just not wake. It gets so bad on the Yough that it is impossible to fish after 11am on the weekends.
    when you see this on the water stop and say hi.

3. Member
    Well I'm excited. In under 48 hrs I will be on the lake. I haven't seen my cousin in over a year, we missed our annual Thanksgiving. Go VMI! That's where they work. With 10 pounds of Virgina bacon, 20 pounds of sausage, 6 chickens, 20 pounds of great Itilian lunch meat, 5 pounds of home made meat balls, you get the drift we will eat well. Just have to figure out which of Then three kitchens we will use.

But of course I came for the fishing. I appreciate the tips I was given. So in return be the first boat to pull up along side and say hello and I will have a small gift for you. White Skeeter with black. Can't miss the pink ribbons on the back or deck. Of course I have PA numbers.

John

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fx20 2011 View Post
    Well I'm excited. In under 48 hrs I will be on the lake. I haven't seen my cousin in over a year, we missed our annual Thanksgiving. Go VMI! That's where they work. With 10 pounds of Virgina bacon, 20 pounds of sausage, 6 chickens, 20 pounds of great Itilian lunch meat, 5 pounds of home made meat balls, you get the drift we will eat well. Just have to figure out which of Then three kitchens we will use.

But of course I came for the fishing. I appreciate the tips I was given. So in return be the first boat to pull up along side and say hello and I will have a small gift for you. White Skeeter with black. Can't miss the pink ribbons on the back or deck. Of course I have PA numbers.

John
    well how was/is the fishing?

5. Member
    The fishing was fun and good. Between my buddy and I we caught between 40 and 50 fish. My buddy and his wife did the best. No 5 pounders but plenty of bass with some crappie and catfish tossed in. Scott did get a stripped bass too. I even fish by a free concert up river Sunday evening. I know another memeber had an exceptional time with the crappie on Sunday. He shared some photos with me.

I found some beds and a lot of males that were guarding them. Bait / lures, just about everything worked. Some of the better ones were Senkos, Tubes, Red Rattle Trap, jigs, ned rig and chatter bait. We did most of our fishing around mid lake. Maybe between what I call the islands on the opposite side of the nuke plant to up steam where the lake Y's. We made one run up lake on the river with a bar, restaurant, docking and gas station. I have no clue which one except counting the 208 bridge we went under a total of two.

Lake Anna puts Smith Mountain Lake to Shame.

6. Member
    I enjoyed the trip down with FX20. Him and his wife are great. I did hook a big girl twice and she seemed to jump off at the boat each time. great lake had fun all weekend.
    2019 Nitro Z19
    200 HP Mercury Pro XS 4s

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by obsession18 View Post
    Holy crap I just watched a video of these Wake Boats, I had no clue these boats existed or the whole wakeing was a thing, I have never seen these things on the Potomac River. The wake those things leave are worse than the big cabin cruisers I encounter on the Potomac, no wonder I haven't been to Lake Anna in years.
    There is no ban. The county supervisors have proposed to prohibit waking within 200 yards or feet, not sure which, of shore.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fx20 2011 View Post
    The fishing was fun and good. Between my buddy and I we caught between 40 and 50 fish. My buddy and his wife did the best. No 5 pounders but plenty of bass with some crappie and catfish tossed in. Scott did get a stripped bass too. I even fish by a free concert up river Sunday evening. I know another memeber had an exceptional time with the crappie on Sunday. He shared some photos with me.

I found some beds and a lot of males that were guarding them. Bait / lures, just about everything worked. Some of the better ones were Senkos, Tubes, Red Rattle Trap, jigs, ned rig and chatter bait. We did most of our fishing around mid lake. Maybe between what I call the islands on the opposite side of the nuke plant to up steam where the lake Y's. We made one run up lake on the river with a bar, restaurant, docking and gas station. I have no clue which one except counting the 208 bridge we went under a total of two.

Lake Anna puts Smith Mountain Lake to Shame.
    glad you had fun and caught some fish!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123