Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Return to Lake Anna

I have to admit my last trip did not go that well. I lost my hydraulic steering on day one.

But I'm excited to be returning this year. Planning on mid April. I was looking at a date for the end of March but could not find a place.

This year I may be joined by another forum member from Pa. So we may be brining two boats and wives. Still working on details. It would be one of those extended weekends.

Not sure if I would enter one of the tournaments or just have fun and fish. Just not sure I want to work, lol.
    when you see this on the water stop and say hi.

2. Member
    should be a good time of year to catch some fish, enjoy the trip

3. Member
    Assume you checked here?......https://www.highpointmarina.com/lighthouse-inn-1

4. Member
    You need to change your name to PittHntr. You from Pa??

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dirt651 View Post
    Actualy found a 6 bedroom, 5 bathroom house with a very large deep water dock. A little big but cheap for 4 days.

A big step up from the smaller hotel in 2019. Man the cigarette smoke killed me. Lake Anna Lodge in Glenora. Cheap wasn't worth it.

6. Member
    Next year rent a house on the hot side/ private side in January. You can get away from the frozen tundra and fish. Likely will not catch a trophy but can have good numbers. Water temps could be in high 50s to high 60’s depending on weather and power production. Have caught spawners in years past in December, January, and February

7. Member
    I have thought about doing that, maybe next winter. As soon as I get my confirmation I let you all know when I will be there. I did meet a forum memeber on my last trip at the launch.

As much as I don’t like Lake Anna, that is the perfect time to go. The big ones should be pulled up on the bank with a decent amount of them spawning.
    2022 Skeeter ZXR20
    Yamaha 250 SHO

We have a group that has been going there for a bunch of years...but lately we have been cheating and staying on the hot side.
    Allen
    911 Bass Anglers
    Bucks County PA

10. Member
    I use to live outside of Richmond in Short Pump and this was my home lake. I had a buddy who owned a Texaco station in Ashland and he would fill my Skeeter up and we would head to the lake. So it is nice to get back again.

I will be there for a 4 day weekend 4-16 to 4-19. I never did get an opportunity to fish the hot side. I'm just happy to get back on the lake. I hope I can locate a few fish.

11. Member
    been going to anna for years and years both april and nov really like that lake caught some hogs and days when I wonder why

12. Member
    Stop at Sturgeon Creek Marina for some up to date fishing information. I open the tackle shop Monday through Thursday and will point you in the right direction!

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by g1fshn View Post
    Stop at Sturgeon Creek Marina for some up to date fishing information. I open the tackle shop Monday through Thursday and will point you in the right direction!
    On Anna he is one of the best....^^^^^^^^
    2017 Triton TRX Patriot w/250 ProXS Optimax

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by g1fshn View Post
    I will be launching there as the place I rented is about a three to five minute drive away. I launched there on my last trip, if I remember correctly there was a young lady working on the weekend.

If you’re looking for a nice house to rent on the lake with a private dock, shoot me a PM. My boss has a rental house between Anna Point and Sturgeon. Good luck!
    2022 Skeeter ZXR20
    Yamaha 250 SHO

16. Member
    I've been staying on the hot side for the past 9 years in late April to first of May. Check out VACASA for house rentals; they list 54 properties around Lake Anna. https://www.vacasa.com/search?place=/usa/Lake-Anna/

Good Luck!

G1, I'll be down starting the 25th of March for a few days. I'll stop in and say hi.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

18. Member
    Tdt91, let me know how you did after your trip. Our plans are all set for April and I'm excited. There will be another BBC member and wife joining us. Good Luck. If you launch from SCM try to cove on the left by the marina, check out the shallow water by the docks. Lake Anna Marine will be on the left when your In the cove.

19. Member
    Heading down on the 4/14 with bunch guys. Can't wait.
    2020 Vexus AVX 1880
    Evinrude E-Tec 135 HO
    Ultrex
    Lowrance

20. Member
    I am head down with FX20 like him my wife and I are excited to be joining him on the trip.
    2019 Nitro Z19
    200 HP Mercury Pro XS 4s

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast