98 Sprint 296 pro setup ? 175 fast strike

Hi I’ve been trying to get this boat setup I really love the ride and top end but it’s still struggling with the hole shot . 296 pro , 175 Johnson fast strike, 8 inch manual plate , set 2 1/2 below pad . I’ve tried 24 raker , 22 raker , 25 laser ll . 24 Merc high 5 is what I’m trying now and have had the best performance from this prop . Fair hole shot with two people with empty live wells with good high end , but fill live wells and it just plows until co angler gets up on front until it breaks over. What do I need to do? More horse power a 200 , hydraulic jack plate ? Move battery’s to front? At wits end? 175 maybe wore out?

2. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    I believe that rig is rated for a 200 so your engine may be healthy just underpowered. These rigs struggle with holeshot to begin with for some reason. I have found the Bravo 1 FS to be the best prop for me. Moving weight to the front can help with holeshot but will kill bow lift.

3. Member
    I think you need to experiment with negative trim.

Trim your motor down 100% then trim up 2 count and try .

Another thing about sprint hulls don't just jump on throttle, she will stick her nose in the air and never come down.

What worked with my 207 was 1/4 throttle get moving forward then increase throttle slowly until it coming on plane.

If 2 count doesn't work try 3 and then 4. My 207 was a 3 count and a touch more.

4. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oldroe View Post
    I think you need to experiment with negative trim.

Trim your motor down 100% then trim up 2 count and try .

Another thing about sprint hulls don't just jump on throttle, she will stick her nose in the air and never come down.

I used to do that and it helped....with the Bravo fs 1 props I don't have to do that anymore.....that prop will spool up to 4k + and then bite and you're in the 3500 range and she's pulling.......

What worked with my 207 was 1/4 throttle get moving forward then increase throttle slowly until it coming on plane.

If 2 count doesn't work try 3 and then 4. My 207 was a 3 count and a touch more.
    I used to do that with mine and the evinrude props.....the Bravo 1 fs will spool up to 4k+ and then bite....then you will be at 3500 and pulling.....