Thread: Boat insurance

Boat insurance

My business insurance company changed some of there policies this year and is giving me some static on my Allison. It may be easier to get a policy with an outside company. Was wondering what companies you all had success using with our boats??
    I feel like the 300 engine is what's throwing a flag with this company and that their system has a new parameter for boats that exceed 80mph.

Thanks in advance
    24’Bass Cat Puma Sts-300 Proxs
    23’Gatortrax Gt tunnel hull-200 Suzuki

2. Member
    For NC not many options. I was dropped by progressive who I had been with for over 15 years. Switched to State Farm with no issues. Was actually cheaper than what I was paying at progressive.
    There are other companies that I was told about but none of them insured in NC.
    2008 Allison XB21 2+2
    2011 Mercury 300XS

Several years back there was a guy going buy Progressive on some of the boating pages. Everyone thought it was progressive power boats but it wasn’t. It was someone who worked for the company and he was getting boat speeds. A lot of guys like to brag on speeds which made it easy for him. One of the agents in my area dropped all boats that ran 70+ mph. His comment was you have a high speed boat. A friend mine said I have a high speed car. I capable of running 100mph but I don’t drive at that speed. The agent wouldn’t hear it. I’ve heard of progressive dropping a lot of fishermen. Farm Beauru was a pleasant alternative.
    Allison XB21 2+2 with Mercury 300R

Used Markel since 2012 with a 300XS and a buddy is using them with his Allison / 300R. Neither of us have had any claims, but so far all good

Talked to Farm Bureau yesterday and they will only do with an entire insurance policy bundle. Wasn't wanting to do that so I'm gonna talk to a friend of mine Monday at State Farm

Will also check into Markel.

Thanks guys

My story--
    We've had all our insurance through my wifes childhood friend including my boats until 2013. Including at least 7 boats and 10 different motors. I had several claims that were taken care of in a prompt fashion. In 2013 I blew a 2008 300XS power head.. I never asked the shop/marina owner (good friend) how in the heck he got it done. But State farm bought me a WHOLE new 300xs .... Needless to say SF dropped my boat insurance and there was nothing my (special) agent could do even though we have guaranteed auto insurance. She claimed the boat insurance was underwritten..
    After asking around I went with Boaters Insurance Agency Inc. Who was actually cheaper for same coverage even with a newer mtr.
    Can't compare there claim service as I've not had to use them.

7. Member
    I use State Farm. I have a rider on my home owner policy for marine. It covers my boat. XB21 300R. We don’t talk about speed or tournaments. Only the value of the boat. The contents are covered by the home owners policy.

I use Foremost thru World Wide Marine Insurance (agent), which is a BBC sponsor. I have a 250 so can’t comment on the 300 and whether that would raise issues.
    Brad Luchsinger

2003 Allison XB-21 BasSport 2+2
    2004 Mercury Racing 250XS

1998 Xpress X70
    1998 Yamaha Vmax 150 TRP

2002 Triton 200XP

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mittenbass View Post
    I use Foremost thru World Wide Marine Insurance (agent), which is a BBC sponsor. I have a 250 so can’t comment on the 300 and whether that would raise issues.

Not in North Carolina. Called them too.
    2008 Allison XB21 2+2
    2011 Mercury 300XS

10. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    I've used Safeco for years with great service.

11. Member
    I’ve had State Farm since ‘74, and I haven’t ever had a problem with them doing anything except the
    right thing.

12. BBC SPONSOR
    Craig, Call State Farm and run from anything Progressive.
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0

Called somebody I know yesterday at State farm. Working on it now.

Thanks all

All good with state farm

Thanks for everybody's input