Where to purchase Henry 263

Where can one purchase Henry 263? I can find 663 pretty easily, but have not found Henry 263. Thanks in advance for help.
    Last edited by spinningchicken; 02-21-2021 at 06:35 PM.

2. Member
    Did you do a search to see what it turned up?

3. Member
    google search? yes, I didn't find any place that sells the 263. Home Depot, Lowes, ebay, etc all show 663, and I see product info for 263.

Noticed many people here mentioned using it, but nothing about where to purchase.

Help?

4. Member
    Good luck finding it. I emailed the company and it wasn’t available within 250 miles of my place. Apparently they don’t care if they sell it or not.
    I moved on and used weld wood contact cement.

5. Member
    DAP 00442 as a substitute?

6. Member
    It works, but the VOC's are high and the EPA doesn't like it. Lots of luck ever getting any.

7. Member
    Thanks for the replies, greatly appreciated. I thought I was doing something wrong.

ok, what can I use to redo carpet on the boat other than Dap Weldwood? First time working with carpet, and I'm not confident in using contact cement, would like to have the availability to move carpet around to compensate for my inadequacies. ;)

8. Member
    I had some of the same concerns, even so I went with the contact cement. Part of the time I had a helper and we would dry-fit the carpet to assure we could get it in the right place. I left a couple of inches leeway on my cuts. Sometimes one edge was to for a perfect fit and I would work from there. In the cockpit I was alone so I dry fit it there, folded it over half way and glued the wood and carpet and let it set up; then laid that out, did the same to the other half. Then I rolled all of it after I was sure. By yourself it is definitely tougher, but doable if you take your time. I had no screw-ups on mine, just check, and take your time.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ct0218 View Post
    I had some of the same concerns, even so I went with the contact cement. Part of the time I had a helper and we would dry-fit the carpet to assure we could get it in the right place. I left a couple of inches leeway on my cuts. Sometimes one edge was to for a perfect fit and I would work from there. In the cockpit I was alone so I dry fit it there, folded it over half way and glued the wood and carpet and let it set up; then laid that out, did the same to the other half. Then I rolled all of it after I was sure. By yourself it is definitely tougher, but doable if you take your time. I had no screw-ups on mine, just check, and take your time.
    Same boat here. I did mine by myself with contact cement as well. I had the same concerns about movement, but it was actually not bad. Just rough cut a piece, put it in the boat, folded half back, glue and repeat. Cut to size later.
    On my last boat I had a problem with boat carpet glue bled through the carpet in a couple spots. I didn't want to experience that again.

10. Member
    I used Dap Weldwood All Weather Outdoor Carpet Adhesive. I believe it is very similar to Henry 263 and probably just as potent. I used this on the large flap surfaces and used contact cement around the openings and on the lid edges that fold over. It was my first time doing marine carpet and it went very well.

11. Member
    Weldwood All weather outdoor carpet adhesive..... is it contact cement like the red can, or do you have some time to adjust carpet before it sets up? Hope that makes sense. I looked at the 'specs' online, but it doesn't mention if it sets up immediate contact, or if you can make adjustments like 'regular' carpet glue.

I've never laid carpet and I'm skeptical of using contact cement. I might get it right....but I'm not sure I'd be 'perfect' 100% of the time, and it sounds like if you use contact cement, you better be perfect, or willing to look at an imperfect carpet every time you see the boat.

12. Member
    So dap weldwood all weather goes on like Henry 263 using a grooved trowel. There is some time to adjust things as necessary. I used this on all flat surfaces and left overhang for areas where I needed to go around a corner. On the corners and edges I used the Dap contact cement (red can) for this. It was my first time doing carpet and it turned out awesome. Just take your time and when in doubt leave extra that can be cut off with a sharp blade. Also you will want to invest in a small carpet roller. This helps to push the carpet onto the glue more

13. Member
    Update: I called WWHenry in Pennsylvania, very nice lady told me there is a manufacturing plant in Dallas, Ga. I live in Dallas. She also gave me the name of the local sales rep for my area, and the distributor that is located in Dalton, Ga.

I took a chance this morning and went to the plant here in Dallas, and picked up a 3 gallon container of Henry 263. Extremely nice and helpful people.

All this time....the glue was 4 miles from my home!

14. Member
    Small world sometimes. That is a great story of success.