Go to fluorocarbon for heavy cover

In the last 4-5 years I’ve tried 6 or 7 different brands. Some had great durability but became hard to throw from horrible memory. And others were vise versa. I fish on lakes that are mostly shallow with TONS of stumps and downed trees. So it’s rare for me to use a line under 15lbs unless I’m finesse fishing. I throw 17lb or 20lb for spinnerbait/chatterbait for heavy cover. If I’m crankin’, I use 12lb or 15lb. I haven’t been logged on here in several years so maybe I’ll get some intel from you guys!
    Chris Cochran
    2005 Ranger 185vx Comanche with Mercury 175 Optimax

2. Member
    I personally like Sunline, for flipping i use the Flipping version in 25 lb test, for reaction baits I use the reaction version and the Sniper F/C or the super F/C. that's just my own personal preferences.

3. Member
    I’ve used P Line 15 lb 100% floro for over 10 yrs on rock bottoms and heavy cover like cypress trees and brush but not grass. Never had problems and have used the same line for a couple months. I do use reel magic after each use. When I’d hang a jig up in rocks on the river I almost couldn’t break the line sometimes.

For heavy lay downs I'm partial to Seguar Invisx 20 #. And I will use it for throwing 1/2-1 oz jigs, and brush hogs and beavers.
    Ranger Z-20, Yamaha F225.

5. Member
    Unless the water is very clear, I would use straight 40 lb braid in those conditions.