Thread: Z18 batteries

Banned

Z18 batteries

So they will send boat with 3 batteries? 2 for the 80lb ultrex and only one for the engine, electronics and lights? It seems as though the engine and bilge should be on a battery and electronics and lights on another?? Anyone add another batter for just electronics and lights? can the motor charge that while running too? Or is the wiring so condensed we cant separate things? I have two Solix 10 G3's and a heliz 7 g3n and deck lighting.
    what did you do to your and what battery did you add.
    thank you..

2. Member
    I would think your deck lighting will be LED which has very little draw. I have seen some folks add a second battery for electronics but they were running 4 or more 12" to 15" screens plus Mega 360 or Livescope. Your Z18 should come with a Group 31 cranking battery which should be adequate for your electronics. I would give it a try for a while before adding another one.
    CMSGT, USAF, Retired
    2021 Nitro Z19, Mercury 200 Pro XS 4 Stroke, SN 2B789775

Ultrex 80/45 24v, Helix 8 G3N SI+. Helix 10 G4N DI+, Helix 3GN DI

3. Banned
    will do thank you. I figure worst case scenario I get a deep cylce parallel to cranking and it would give me more juice.

4. Member
    My Solix units eat batteries. I’ve had to go to the Batteries + X2 for my cranking battery.

5. Banned
    which one exactly? but one battery does ok all day for solix units, livewell recirc and engine?

6. Member
    It is the X2. I don’t know of anything better on the market.