Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by LennyB View Post

Drifter,

Not sure if you meant to spell JW (Jehovah's Witnesses) instead of the JH spelled above? If so, the best place to learn what someone believes is from the someone. You can find an accurate explanation of Jehovah's Witnesses core beliefs at the link below. For more detailed information, use the links in the article for a clearer understanding on any of the topics.

What Do Jehovah's Witnesses Believe?

Hope that helps ~ Lenny B

I am good about making mistakes...thanks for the headsup...fixed it.

A lot of things I could say about JW after reading their home page.....best way for me to describe, in part, would be to say it follows some "unique" doctrines. One item that kinda stuck in my mind was that only 144,000 people will be with God. That Jesus is not God. ???????

The 144,000 people who will be with God in heaven...the others JUST perish? Ever human being conceived has a soul...souls are immortal.

Will stop there....if that is what they chose, so be it...there utilizing their free will.

All of us are pretty much set in our ways...especially when it comes to religion. Many of the things I would like to share would fall on deaf ears.

thanks for posting the site...learned something today!
    Last edited by drifter106; 02-24-2021 at 04:10 PM.
    Sacred Heart of Mary, pray for us now, and at the hour of our death. AMEN
    O blood and water which gush forth from the heart of Jesus, have mercy on us
    For the sake of his sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and the whole world

Last edited by LennyB; 04-17-2021 at 07:07 AM.

3. Banned
    . They built their beliefs on the Raw Material found in the Bible with no preconceived ideas on what would be found there.

The above is patently false, and anyone willing to read for 5 minutes, yes 5 minutes, can see for themselves. They had to create a new "translation" to align with their false doctrine.

Quote Originally Posted by grandbassslayer View Post
    . They built their beliefs on the Raw Material found in the Bible with no preconceived ideas on what would be found there.

The above is patently false, and anyone willing to read for 5 minutes, yes 5 minutes, can see for themselves. They had to create a new "translation" to align with their false doctrine.

Grand,

All the scriptures' quoted above are from the "New Jerusalem Bible" found at Catholic.org as well as the "King James Version". The "New World Translation" and the two just mentioned are all in agreement with each other. None of them are the original Hebrew or Greek text. The translators simply worded them to the best of their ability, in the dialect of the time, based on their understanding at the time.

Jehovah's Witnesses understanding of the Bible is in harmony with what the Original Scriptures (Bible) actually teach. It is a positive message. Great things lay ahead for all who take sides with Jehovah and his son Christ Jesus.

Hope that helps ~ Lenny B

Last edited by LennyB; 02-27-2021 at 11:20 AM.

5. Member
    Rexico,
    I don’t post much on this forum but to answer your question, we Christians have the only true, living God that walked on earth, died and rose again! That’s why I believe in Christ and not another religion.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lbj View Post
    Rexico,
    I don’t post much on this forum but to answer your question, we Christians have the only true, living God that walked on earth, died and rose again! That’s why I believe in Christ and not another religion.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12