Mercury xr6 150 throttle stop screw?

So in my.manual for my engine 1999 mercury xr6. Serial # 0g899300. its says to adjust the a screw to limit max throttle. But the screw its pointing too is the max timing screw that it shows in manual and defunitly does not limit the max throttle. I thinks its a misprint and I will post pics of the one I think it should be if someone can confirm. I circled in red the one I believe is the right screw. Any help would be appreciated
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Keither1984; 02-18-2021 at 10:24 AM.

"a" in the first image is the idle stop... "b" is the primary pick up timing adjustment, and the one above "b" that's not labeled is the max spark advance adjustment...and yes...the one you have circled should be the wide open throttle stop screw...
    Last edited by luvdmymerc; 02-20-2021 at 03:11 PM.

3. Member
    Thank you very much. I figured that way a typo

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    If you would, please take a moment to review the Announcements at the top of the Forum, and be sure to provide the Required Info (serial number) when posting. Thanks!

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

5. Member
    Yea my bad I new that totally forgot to write it though. Been crazy 3 days here in Texas. I will edit post to show number

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar

Stay warm!

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

7. Member
    Lol might have to crank up the outboard and bear hug it to do that

8. Member
    i heard that s--t , glad i had a fire place
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................