Jordan ramps closed..Piedmont Bass Classics info on tournament changes for Feb. 27th

ATTENTION PIEDMONT BASS CLASSICS ANGLERS!!!
    THE ROCK OUTDOORS Q#1 AT JORDAN LAKE, FEB. 27th HAS BEEN MOVED TO FALLS LAKE
    OUT OF LEDGE ROCK WILDLIFE RAMP. AND IF FALLS IS FLOODED AND THE RAMP GATES
    CLOSED ON THE 27th IT WILL BE HELD AT SHEARON HARRIS OUT OF CROSSPOINT
    LANDING WILDLIFE RAMP...
    and here's why:

*****The NCWRC has closed the ramp today at Farrington Point due to extreme flooding (10' above normal). The rest of the ramps on the Lake will also be closed by this afternoon. The Marina is moving out because of the flooding that is expected by Sat. morning.

*****The other factor on Jordan is that the dam has been closed for inspections, etc. and will not reopen until the end of Feb....They will be pumping some water out so as to keep the level on the lower Haw River where it is required. SO VERY LITTLE WATER IS BEING PUMPED OUT. I'm sure we cannot use Jordan at this time.

*****Falls Lake today is 7' over normal pool. We are going to get a lot of rain and ice in the next 2 days so I'm going to assume the ramps will be unusable this coming weekend. Now, if they pump out hard while this is going on, we should be able to use Falls by the 27th.

*****If not at Falls, we will be at Shearon Harris on the 27th.

This is the best I can do at this time. I'll keep an eye on things until Mon. the 22nd and update you on things.
    If you have already paid in full or a deposit just hold tight until I make a decision.

Thanks for your understanding and stay safe the next few days! It looks to be kinda rough. Let's pray it's not.

Phil...

Contact Information:
    Phil McCarson...Tournament Director---922 Valetta Rd.---Durham, NC 27712
    Home: 919-471-1571 Cell: 919-971-5042
    email: philsflags@msn.com
    facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Piedmont-Bass-Classics-124874327582405/

2. Member
    UPDATE...URGENT...I got a message from Todd Massey today that the Corp has cancelled the inspection at Jordan Lake Dam because of the danger to employees that might be inspecting the dam. Sooo...At this time the lake level is near 11' above normal but they have opened the tail race. Releases from the dam are at a minimum right now until the downstream can handle more. This action will put Jordan Lake back on our tournament plans for Feb. 27th if they can drop the lake and open Farrington Ramp by next Friday the 26th. I will make the call as soon as I can. Thanks for your patience.