Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar

Post (INFO-ONLY) MERCURY Offers it's FIRST "PREMIER Full-Synthetic" Fourstroke 10w30 Oil

Mercury released their PREMIER Full-Synthetic Fourstroke 10w30 Engine Oil in an announcement February 15th.

This oil is the PREMIER oil option for any *Mercury Fourstroke that calls for 10w30 engine oil.

According to the Announcement, "This high-quality formula resists thermal breakdown when operating at maximum output and high temperatures, making it our toughest and strongest 10W-30 oil yet. In shear-resistance testing, Mercury’s 10W30 Full Synthetic outperformed all competitive 10W-30 full-synthetic marine engine oils tested, including: Amsoil, Lucas oil, Sierra, Mystik and more. Full test performance data is available on the new product sell sheets".

I will watch for a copy of the sell sheets in the coming days.

Current Part Numbers (for commonly used quantities):

8M0173223 Mercury QUART
    8M0173224 Mercury GALLON

8M0175780 Quicksilver QUART
    8M0175781 Quicksilver GALLON

* Released in conjunction with the new V-12 engines, which use an extended service interval.

The above is provided for Information ONLY, and is not intended to begin the usual "liquid arguments".
    Last edited by EuropeanAM; 02-25-2021 at 08:57 AM.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

2. Member
    Thank you Don for the update, good to know!

3. Banned
    Interesting. I should get a quart and send it off for a voa.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    Mercury released their PREMIER Full-Synthetic Fourstroke 10w30 Engine Oil in an announcement February 15th.

This oil is the PREMIER oil option for any *Mercury Fourstroke that calls for 10w30 engine oil.

According to the Announcement, "This high-quality formula resists thermal breakdown when operating at maximum output and high temperatures, making it our toughest and strongest 10W-30 oil yet. In shear-resistance testing, Mercury’s 10W30 Full Synthetic outperformed all competitive 10W-30 full-synthetic marine engine oils tested, including: Amsoil, Lucas oil, Sierra, Mystik and more. Full test performance data is available on the new product sell sheets".

8M0173223 Mercury QUART
    8M0173224 Mercury GALLON

* Released in conjunction with the new V-12 engines, which use an extended service interval.

The above is provided for Information ONLY, and is not intended to begin the usual "liquid arguments".
    That's saying a lot if it beats Amsoil. I would like to know which one they used in the test since they have so many formulations.

5. Member
    At a cost of 33% more than the synthetic blend, that's really not bad at all for those of us changing oil annually. For me at 6qt-ish/oil change, that's an extra $20 once a year. Sounds good to me.
    2015 Tracker Targa V18 150 4-Stroke 2B142247 9.9 EFI Pro Kicker 1R159535
    2001 MasterCraft Maristar 210 V-Drive, LTR 330 HP

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ifishinxs View Post
    Amen!
    Not enough crow to go around right now and I’ll leave at that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benz819
    The last 2 years all you heard was that mercury doesn’t recommend
    full Synthetic oil only synthetic blends in the four strokes???? WTH. O I forgot know that they put there
    name on the bottle is the best thing for our motor give me a break.
    1. Until the notification published in Post# 1 came out, Mercury has NEVER recommended any full-synthetic oil in their Fourstrokes.

2. I have not said that this oil is the best thing for your engine- I simply reported exactly what was released. Verbatim.

3. This oil was released with the V-12 engine series, presumably to accommodate the increased service interval hours. No other (current) documentation has been released on this, or the feasibility or implementation for any other engines (only what was provided).

4. Most importantly: There are a couple on here lately that simply feel the need to cause problems. I could have just ignored this- but INSTEAD took the initiative to post the information up (literally within 5 minutes of the time I first saw it). So NO, there's no "crow" to eat. It's simply passing along the information as early as possible.

I will say this: I have spent far more time trying to help folks here than I probably should have for 13 years now. Yet for some reason (lately)- it seems that I spend HALF of my time dealing with ungrateful, disrespectful, and insulting comments made in threads.

If this continues- there will probably be some serious house-cleaning.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post

8M0173223 Mercury QUART
    8M0173224 Mercury GALLON

Hi Don,

I am assuming you will plan keep this oil in stock?

thanks
    Bullet 21XRS
    Mercury Pro XS 250

8. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Down the road, yes. For now- Synthetic BLEND, as is called for in the manuals.

Don, I have always appreciated your advice whether in public, a PM or phone call. I stop reading threads that go downhill as I don't have time to sort through the argumentative BS. Sometime the ole commode needs a double flush

10. Banned
    Don, don't let it get to you bud. The service intervals for the synthetic would extend i assume like cars and trucks?

11. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arizona Angler View Post
    Don, don't let it get to you bud. The service intervals for the synthetic would extend i assume like cars and trucks?
    Only for the V-12.

12. Member
    Don, I would like to offer my support, encouragement, and appreciation for all you do for us on this forum.

When I was growing up spring time was also spring cleaning time.

I agree that a house cleaning would be in order.
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Tournament Fishing Package
    2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8 Serial # 2B588923
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80# I Pilot Link
    Hi Jacker EZ 6" Jack Plate
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    Humminbird Helix 7 SI GPS CHIRP G2 Bow
    Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA GPS DI G3 Console
    Trick Step Boarding Steps
    RMP Engine Support

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Holeshot View Post
    Don, I would like to offer my support, encouragement, and appreciation for all you do for us on this forum.

THIS X TWO

X3!
    2020 Ranger VS1782 DC
    Mercury ProXS 150
    Garmin 106 Ultra/UHD 93sv
    Ulterra Quest, 115/90

15. Member

X4.

Great reminder about Mom's too.
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

16. Member
    Don, please include me on the list of very appreciative people that you have helped many, many times.

Ron

17. Member
    My Mom & Dad had a razor strap on top of the refrigerator. If you got out of line she was not afraid to use it.
    She also had a saying. Don't let the front door hit you in the ass on the way out.
    Dad's Navy saying was. Ship up or Shape out.

We have quite a few on this board that need to be Banned or life. It can happen to if you push to hard

18. Member
    Alright we get it, let’s all move on. Not allowed to voice our opinion anymore even know my comment wasn’t directed to an individual person.
    Last edited by Benz819; 02-27-2021 at 05:28 PM.

19. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Benz819 View Post
    Alright we get it, let’s all move on. Not allowed to voice our opinion anymore even know my comment wasn’t directed to an individual person.
    Careful brother. The mob is fickle.

20. Member
    Thanks for the info Don. I’ll be interested to see if it’s recommended for the 150 4s, although I believe the preferred oil for my engine is the 25W-40, with the 10W-30 as the cold weather alternate.
    2016 Ranger 1850 LS Reata / Merc 150 4s / SmartCraft / Lowrance HDS Carbon SS3D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast