Analog fuel gauge not working after re-power

2020 Mercury 4S 250 Pro XS
    #2B738228 Model #12500033A

Just had 2012 250 pro xs replaced with the motor listed on a 2018 Bullet 22SF.

Now that i have picked it up, my fuel gauge (analog) on the dash does not function. Also, the water pressure (analog) and digital (smartcraft) is not functioning either. I found in FAQ what is likely needed for the water pressure to work for both. My dealer is ordering the parts for that.

Is there something different on the new motors that could be keeping the analog fuel gauge from working? Or is it likely the pink wire could be disconnected? Once i take it back to the dealer, 2 hours away, I want to be sure everything is working. He is admittedly not very familiar with the new 4 strokes yet.
    2022 Blazer 675 Ultimate
    2022 Merc 300 Pro XS
    2017 YZ250F
    Kenny Hollingsworth<<<<<<<<<MY NAME!
    828 674 6752
    Hendersonville NC<<<<MY LOCATION!!

2. Member
    Take it back to the dealer. My dealer didn't tell me that the water pressure gauge was an option on the Merc 225 Pro XS 4-stroke motor I ordered. So I had no water pressure on the MercMonitor I had him install. Had to order the sensor and have him put it on. The Smartcraft monitor in the dash was disabled in favor of the MercMonitor.

Also, my Bob's hydraulic jackplate now acts funky. Dealer has no idea why. Says he didn't touch any of that. The gauge on the console lights up all over the place when I hit the JP lever. Sometimes end up somewhere in between positions and shows no light at all. After a bit, it settles down and shows me where I'm at. Same with the analog trim gauge in the console. Have to get used to seeing everything on the MercMonitor and forget about the analog gauges in the console.

My Atlas JP gauge doesnt work either. But i think its a matter of adjusting the L-bracket on the plate to get it to read again. In the FAQ, i found the solution to get analog and digital wp working again. Question remains on the analog fuel gauge however. thx
    2022 Blazer 675 Ultimate
    2022 Merc 300 Pro XS
    2017 YZ250F
    828 674 6752

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Are you able to read fuel level on SMARTCRAFT? If so, you will not be able to use an Analog fuel gauge at all.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    Are you able to read fuel level on SMARTCRAFT? If so, you will not be able to use an Analog fuel gauge at all.
    My smartcraft does show how much fuel has been used since fill up. It does not have a feature, that i am aware of, that shows amount of fuel remaining. That will really suck if i have to enter how many gallons of fuel i put in my tank each time on the SC gauge. Why would this motor keep my analog dash gauge from functioning? Is there a way to make it work?
    2022 Blazer 675 Ultimate
    2022 Merc 300 Pro XS
    2017 YZ250F
    828 674 6752

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    It would depend on whether a fuel level harness was installed to the engine.

If one was NOT installed, the problem will be gauge POWER, gauge GROUND, gauge SENDING UNIT WIRE, or the Ground for the sending unit (assuming the gauge and sender are both good).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

It would depend on whether a fuel level harness was installed to the engine.

If one was NOT installed, the problem will be gauge POWER, gauge GROUND, gauge SENDING UNIT WIRE, or the Ground for the sending unit (assuming the gauge and sender are both good).
    So, i actually have a mercmonitor on my dash. Not a smartcraft unit. Also, I tried to call you a few minutes ago. Left a message if you dont mind calling me back. Thinking about just bringing it to your shop, (30m drive) vs taking it back over to TN 2 hours away. 828 674 6752
    2022 Blazer 675 Ultimate
    2022 Merc 300 Pro XS
    2017 YZ250F
    828 674 6752

8. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    You also left a message in the office. I did try calling you back, but got no answer (you've got voicemail).

A MercMonitor is one of many Smartcraft Instruments. "Smartcraft" is the "Communication Technology" (not a particular gauge model).

A MercMonitor looks like this:

You also left a message in the office. I did try calling you back, but got no answer (you've got voicemail).

A MercMonitor is one of many Smartcraft Instruments. "Smartcraft" is the "Communication Technology" (not a particular gauge model).

A MercMonitor looks like this:

As I said. This is what I have. Called you again a few minutes after I
    missed your call. (Was in gym). If you can call back this evening, that would
    be great.
    2022 Blazer 675 Ultimate
    2022 Merc 300 Pro XS
    2017 YZ250F
    828 674 6752

Looking into getting the SC 1000 with tach
    2022 Blazer 675 Ultimate
    2022 Merc 300 Pro XS
    2017 YZ250F
    828 674 6752

Got my boat back from shop yesterday. Altas JP gauge is now functioning along with everything else. The Atlas gauge required loosening the L-bracket and re-aligning it with the sensor. The analog fuel gauge and wp gauge required an additional harness that was not installed initially. The mechanic also said a fitting was required on the block for wp as well. He also ordered the parts to get both analog and digital water pressure on my mercmonitor. Finally done with the setup of the new engine and i can really test it out.
    2022 Blazer 675 Ultimate
    2022 Merc 300 Pro XS
    2017 YZ250F
    828 674 6752

12. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar