Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mastergun View Post
    Yeah, retail traders aren't dumping a huge block of shares to cause the price to drop over $100 in 10 minutes.
    It's being speculated that hedge funds are shorting a ton of "fake shares" of AMC to drive the price down. Yesterday there were only 300,000 available shares for short trades. Today, it was 1.3 - 1.5 million. There's no way someone bought up a million shares to cover their short. Where'd that extra million shares come from? The retail crowd isn't selling.

Something smells rotten.

2. Member
    yuuuuuup

3. Member
    I decided to get completely out today. Got nervous, tired of the drama and not confident if it drops back down to double digits the stock would be able to bounce back for the 3rd time. Not based on any thing but gut feeling. Made about 250% of my initial investment so I'm happy. If it happens to drop again to the $40s I may think about buying some more.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mastergun View Post
    I decided to get completely out today. Got nervous, tired of the drama and not confident if it drops back down to double digits the stock would be able to bounce back for the 3rd time. Not based on any thing but gut feeling. Made about 250% of my initial investment so I'm happy. If it happens to drop again to the $40s I may think about buying some more.
    Paper hands? Diamond hands? Sound like profitable hands to me mastergun. Set aside the short term capital gains tax on your profit and keep working on your investment endeavors. Interesting times!
    “Investing is not nearly as difficult as it looks. Successful investing involves doing a few things right and avoiding serious mistakes.”
    — John C. Bogle

5. Member
    I dont fault anyone on profit taking Ive been in and out a few times on it to me its illogical to ONLY hold though I get it for the whole purpose behind the "movement". I do think ANYONE that has a few bucks to play with would be smart to buy a share as a lotto ticket...i still stand by that statement.

6. Banned
    AMC is on a tear.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123