Thread: What is this?

What is this?

300R 1E081114
    On the left side just in front of the trim switch is a round "thing" that will turn about 90 degrees. What is it?

Hose flush for flushing

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    +1... Coastal Flush Fitting/Connection. SEE OWNER'S MANUAL for important instructions for proper use (including but not limited to: Engine must be in the VERTICAL/DOWN position, and do NOT run the engine when on this attachment).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

4. Member
    Thank you. Bought used and didn't get owner's manual.
    I went to "Owner's Resources" but they said the electronic version is not available. Couldn't really figure out how to order a paper version. Perhaps I need to contact Rhonda?
    Last edited by gehol; 02-17-2021 at 09:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    +1... Coastal Flush Fitting/Connection. SEE OWNER'S MANUAL for important instructions for proper use (including but not limited to: Engine must be in the VERTICAL/DOWN position, and do NOT run the engine when on this attachment).
    If you cant run engine when on the attachment, how do you flush it? Will water pressure alone push water thru the engine to flush?
    2022 Blazer 675 Ultimate
    2022 Merc 300 Pro XS
    2017 YZ250F
    Kenny Hollingsworth<<<<<<<<<MY NAME!
    828 674 6752
    Hendersonville NC<<<<MY LOCATION!!

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    With the engine trimmed down (to level trim), slowly turn the water on and allow it to flush through the engine for at least 5 minutes.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

Thx
    2022 Blazer 675 Ultimate
    2022 Merc 300 Pro XS
    2017 YZ250F
    Kenny Hollingsworth<<<<<<<<<MY NAME!
    828 674 6752
    Hendersonville NC<<<<MY LOCATION!!

8. Member
    Handy for folks that keep their boat in the water (Salt, brackish or dirty marina water).
    2015 Tracker Targa V18 150 4-Stroke 2B142247 9.9 EFI Pro Kicker 1R159535
    2001 MasterCraft Maristar 210 V-Drive, LTR 330 HP

Quote Originally Posted by KHNC View Post
    If you cant run engine when on the attachment, how do you flush it? Will water pressure alone push water thru the engine to flush?
    A good set of flushing muffs and if you have a second lower water pick up, be sure it's sealed.
    2020 Ranger VS1782 DC
    Mercury ProXS 150
    Garmin 106 Ultra/UHD 93sv
    Ulterra Quest, 115/90

10. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Sportmaster gearcase on this engine. Either need the Sportmaster water inlet adapter, or (likely best option) a deep tub you can submerse the entire gearcase in.