Stick Marsh fishing report

Has anyone fished Stick Marsh lately I have a couple of buddy's headed there tomorrow.
    Just wondering what they should expect.

2. Derek McCullough
    Also curious

3. Member
    I have not been there like I usually am through out the year, however, this time I year I would head to the south end Nursey area. Slow roll plastics, rattle traps, and topwater if conditions are right. If they are moving water head to spill way or pump house.

4. Member
    Was there a few weeks ago, water looks like its normal dirty toilet water, fish were really scattered, backlot and nursery would be first spots if not familiar with the place. Fellsmere has a lot more fish but you have to fight the Googans.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rocknemo View Post
    Was there a few weeks ago, water looks like its normal dirty toilet water, fish were really scattered, backlot and nursery would be first spots if not familiar with the place. Fellsmere has a lot more fish but you have to fight the Googans.
    What's a googan???

When I flew over it the other day, the lake looked great... But the regular popular spots were wall to wall boats. People were parked in overflow big-time.

Please post a report of how they did or send me a PM please.
    RT188
    I LIKE boats...BUT I LOVE PLANES
    Oh yeah.... I love the RT188 too.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaFlyer View Post
    What's a googan???

When I flew over it the other day, the lake looked great... But the regular popular spots were wall to wall boats. People were parked in overflow big-time.

Please post a report of how they did or send me a PM please.
    LOL a Googan are the guys out in their 23' center console deep V offshore boats fricken bass fishing. You talkin about the Stick Marsh or Fellsmere overflow parking being full, when I was at the SM we basically had the place to ourselves.

7. Member
    From what I've been hearing, Stickmarsh has been a ghost town since Headwaters opened last August.
    2000 Ranger 518vx - 2019 Mercury Pro xs 200

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rocknemo View Post
    LOL a Googan are the guys out in their 23' center console deep V offshore boats fricken bass fishing. You talkin about the Stick Marsh or Fellsmere overflow parking being full, when I was at the SM we basically had the place to ourselves.
    Yes. Right now my plane is in the shop and I can only fly with a buddy in his plane and he works so I am only up on weekends... That is probably why it was crowded...

I usually fish it a lot but have been too busy lately except to fish in the afternoon for a little bit and Stick Marsh is too far to drive to fish for a couple of hours... So I don't know what it is like weekdays for another week or so, then I will be through with my present project and back to fishing again. I hate to work but had some bills to pay on hobbies...LOL
    RT188
    I LIKE boats...BUT I LOVE PLANES
    Oh yeah.... I love the RT188 too.