Thread: Z18 or z19?

Banned

Z18 or z19?

I am looking at getting a nitro z18 or possibly a z19 in the near future. For those who have either or have had both I would like to hear thoughts on both. If I get the z18 I want the 175 on it. What is top end speed with the 175 on a z18? I’m also looking at getting the hydraulic jackplate and I’ve never had one before. How beneficial would that be on either of these? I’m leaning more towards the z18 at this time due to cost and due to the way I fish. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Its nice to get feedback from other people but if you read what you just wrote and think about it then you already have your answer...and FYI I am not talking about the comment of cost.

3. Dogfish_Jones
    My buddy has a Z18 with a 175 and he gets around 64mph, his did not have a jack plate. I have fished out of his and it fishies much bigger than the size.
    Before I bought my Z20 I had the Z7 which was the earlier version of the Z18, if you fish smaller lakes and rivers it will be a great boat.

4. Banned
    You would probably be further ahead (price and performance wise) going with a Z-19 with a stock 200 hp. rather than a Z-18 upgraded to a 175.

Love mine, self admittedly I went with the Z18 because of garage storage space. With that said, I have not once regretted going with the Z18 verses the Z19, it really fits the way I like to fish. Something to consider the Z18 and Z19 have the exact same size office (front deck).
    Craig
    USMC Retired
    2019 Nitro Z18 w/Dual Consoles
    2019 Mercury 175 Pro XS

Psalm 29:3 The voice of the Lord is upon the waters: the God of glory thundereth: the Lord is upon many waters.

6. Member
    I don't have one regret with my z19. Coming from a z9 I really don't feel it's much smaller. With the 200 its got plenty of power and top end speed. The z18 has the same size front deck I think. I don't think you could go wrong with either boat but if I was going to up grade the z18 to the 175 I would spend the extra money and get the 19.

7. Member
    All I can say is I love my Z19. And I agree with scott c.
    2019 Nitro Z19
    200 HP Mercury Pro XS 4s

8. Member
    I went through the same decision that you are and decided on the Z19. The Z19 is only 8 inches longer than the Z18. Yes, the front decks are the same size. I think most of that is in the passenger compartment. I was planning on the "Pro" version whichever one I chose. I decided on the Z19 Pro because I felt I was getting a much better value. It comes standard with a 200 4 Stroke and a 10 inch jack plate. It has dual live wells versus a divided single live well. In the Pro version it comes with 8" Helix vs 7" on the Z18 Pro. It came with a hot foot and trim control on the steering column. It also comes with a tandem trailer with 4 wheel disk brakes. I think my Z19 ended up being around $5k more but worth all of it.
    CMSGT, USAF, Retired
    2021 Nitro Z19, Mercury 200 Pro XS 4 Stroke, SN 2B789775

Ultrex 80/45 24v, Helix 8 G3N SI+. Helix 10 G4N DI+, Helix 3GN DI

9. Banned
    Z19 is better option if have the room for storage. i got the z18 w/175 and jackplate. but i didnt have the room for the z19

10. Member
    General rule: Get as much boat as your budget allows. If you can afford the Z19, you should get it IMO.

11. Banned
    Thanks for all of the input. I did not realize that the deck on both boats was the same size.

12. Member
    I was very value-conscious when making my purchase and after sitting in both and going over the specs I chose the Z19 Pro. It's been over a year now and I can't remember all the specifics but I thought the Z19 had better storage, the Z19 pro came with a dual axle trailer and I wanted the 200hp motor. After adding the 175HP motor and dual axle trailer to the Z18 pro it seemed like the better value was to just get the Z19 Pro. The Z20 Pro was over my budget. Get the best you can afford.

I'll also say that I have had zero buyer's remorse with my Z19 Pro. I'm sure I'll have this boat for a long time.
    Chris

2020 Nitro Z19 Pro w/ 200 ProXS

13. Member
    I looked a Z18 and the front and rear decks looked smaller that what my Tracker 175 has, and the Z19 didn't seem much bigger either. I also looked a Tracker 195 with a 150 hp on it and it seemed to have a ton of deck space compared to the Nitros, even more than the Z20 next to it. If you don't need a fiberglass boat but want plenty of room the Tracker 195 with a 150hp seemed like a real good deal for the price. Although it does come with some basic graphs that would have to be upgraded for my use.

14. Dogfish_Jones
    As COMRAD wrote and to me means a great deal in buying a boat and that is zero buyers remorse. I would hate to know I bought more than I could afford, Mind you, you may come home one day and its missing....the repo guy has made a visit.
    I have bought one vehicle in my life, back in 79 I think that I started to regret buying it a week or so after I bought it. I sold that thing soon afterwards and from point on, I have always bought boats or vehicles and never had any remorse afterwards.

15. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bassfisher444 View Post
    I looked a Z18 and the front and rear decks looked smaller that what my Tracker 175 has, and the Z19 didn't seem much bigger either. I also looked a Tracker 195 with a 150 hp on it and it seemed to have a ton of deck space compared to the Nitros, even more than the Z20 next to it. If you don't need a fiberglass boat but want plenty of room the Tracker 195 with a 150hp seemed like a real good deal for the price. Although it does come with some basic graphs that would have to be upgraded for my use.
    the z18 and z19 have the exact same deck and storage area. the only difference on size is the back end is a couple inches longer really not noticable.