Netman extraordinaire Coosa Redeye's Avatar

Silver vein and candy color combos (any tips?)

So, I have me some some Silver Vein powder paint in transit. I have a few candy colors in powder paint already. Any advice from any of y'all about the process?
    2015 Nitro Z8
    2015 Mercury Optimax 250
    2019 Chevy Silverado

Following this thread. Been looking to maybe try some of the silver vein powder paint myself but have heard it’s kind of finicky. Hope some fellows with experience out there are able to chime in. I’ve been reading to avoid the fluid bed with the silver vein base coat as the black and silver portions are different density’s and one will sink to the bottom upon aerating it in the fluid bed and the effect doesn’t translate to your lead. But I’ve also read some people use the fluid bed so I’m definitely willing to hear to some feedback. I’ll be happy to report my initial trials with it lol. Let us know how you do with yours and I will the same. If you get the effect right they make some sweet looking patterns. Tight lines

3. Member
    Do your silver vein base coat and then cure at 350 for 15 minutes and then let cool. Then go over the top with the candy color and cure again and your done. When you cure the silver vein base coat it will keep the candy color from blending in so you'll get a clean look.

Quote Originally Posted by Smalljaw67 View Post
    Do your silver vein base coat and then cure at 350 for 15 minutes and then let cool. Then go over the top with the candy color and cure again and your done. When you cure the silver vein base coat it will keep the candy color from blending in so you'll get a clean look.
    Do you use a fluid bed with your silver vein base coat smalljaw?

I think Chrome works better as a base coat.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Spot-a-saurus View Post
    Do you use a fluid bed with your silver vein base coat smalljaw?
    Sorry, I should have specified that. I find that in my fluid beds the veins aren't consistent, sometimes you get almost zero for the reasons you previously stated. I have my veined powders in the old Stamina powder paint jars that were 4oz. They are the same height as the 2oz protech jars but wider so it is easy to coat a 3/8oz or 1/2oz head.

Quote Originally Posted by Smalljaw67 View Post
    Sorry, I should have specified that. I find that in my fluid beds the veins aren't consistent, sometimes you get almost zero for the reasons you previously stated. I have my veined powders in the old Stamina powder paint jars that were 4oz. They are the same height as the 2oz protech jars but wider so it is easy to coat a 3/8oz or 1/2oz head.
    Awesome, thanks for the info. I’m for sure going to dip without fluid bed for the base silver vein coat now. Tight lines gentlemen

8. Netman extraordinaire Coosa Redeye's Avatar
    My silver vein finally came in. I have a few heads curing now. Some candy red, some candy blue.
    2015 Nitro Z8
    2015 Mercury Optimax 250
    2019 Chevy Silverado