2002 20xd leveling out trolling motor

I’d like suggestions on a way to mount my trolling motor so that it is strait up an down. It’s pointing back towards the boat. Throws off the transducer. Thanks for any ideas

2. Member
    How far off it is it? 20XD's sit nose high it seems.

I think you could pretty easily measure how far off it is with a level and then add rubber washers to your mount bolts.

If not you could probably shim your transducer.

1993 Bullet 20XD
    2000 Mercury ProMax 225

3. Member
    The previous owner tried to shim it up too level the mount, but it’s not leveled out. I have another bullet boat an it basically has the same issue. The boat it’s self is not flat. I thought someone may have built a bracket to offset the angle of the top cap

4. Member
    So.. trolling motor down your bullet has problems.. I'd adjust the transducer, probably the easiest better way. Never had that issue on the slow level champions, rangers
    Ranger 205dvs 225opti

I think Ashmore Marine makes a wedge for some Bullets.
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

6. Member
    I'd put a level in the boat while on the water with the trolling motor down and you on the nose. Record what the level indicates. Then take it home and adjust the trailer jack until you get the same indication on the level. Shim as required.

How far off is yours?

1993 Bullet 20XD
    2000 Mercury ProMax 225

7. Member
    No more than anybody else’s. It’s mounted too the very front, from left to right over the right hand nose. It is double shimmed towards the rub rail. Bullet noses are just not built to really set a troller on it level without some sort of plate or wedge to level it out.
    The motor hangs like it is tucked under the bow. If leveled I’d say it’s is from top to bottom 1 1/2” off level. I am thinking of putting a live scope or 360 on the shaft an I just know it needs to be better than it is now.

I do a lot of white perch vertical jiggin as well as a lot of crappie fishin. Mine is not level for sure. I’ve never done anything to level it correctly. If I really need to fish in the cone I just finished back towards the boat a couple of feet. Even though it would be very functional if I leveled mine out correctly, it would be so high in the front end I would not like the way it looked.
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

9. Member
    Yes Sir. That’s me, I just never took the time to figure a solution to this issue. I thought maybe some fellas here might have a few solutions that they’ve done. I looked at the wedge someone had mentioned but I’m not sure which one would be the best 2.5 degree or the 5.0 degree.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crank68 View Post
    I think Ashmore Marine makes a wedge for some Bullets.
    Yes, they do.
    2014 Bass Cat Eyra
    2014 Mercury 250 ProXS

11. Member
    Has anyone ever used one of the wedges? If so which one worked? I won’t to get it right the first time, it’s a pain in the A’’ working under their.