Hds gen2 touch depth invalid

Hi, I have been battling this hds unit trying to get it to read depth for a couple days now and figured id just post and ask.
    I have 2 hds 9 gen 2 touch units one bow and one console with an Ethernet cable connecting them. I have a lss2 directly plugged into the console unit. I can not seem to figure out how to get depth to work on them.
    I made sure the structure scan is turned on at the menu, I have done soft and hard resets, updated to the current software, I have a different brand new lss2 transducer I tried with the same problem. Everytime I try to select a data source for depth it says "this unit(invalid)"
    I am not sure if maybe I did something wrong setting them up as I have only had basic 2d sonar units before and never installed one, just used the one that came with the boat.

Any help or suggestions appreciated0213211745.jpg

2. Member
    Do you have a 2d transducer hooked up to it?

3. Member
    No i don't, I assumed the lss2 does depth as well, is that what i did wrong?

4. Member
    Its been a while since i had my Gen 2, but I am pretty sure you needed a 2d transducer with the LSS-2 to read the depth.

5. Member
    +1. To work correctly you must have a 2D transducer connected along with the LSS2.

NoCAL
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

6. Member
    LSS2 gives the depth on Down and Side imaging. Need a 2D for sonar depth.

7. Member
    Thats good to hear, thank you all for the quick replies