Thread: Lanier

Lanier

Got a club tour in late march. I have never fished it before looking for any info i can get.. Thanks in advance.

2. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Drop Shot

3. Member
    Late March and many will be spawning or close to it. I would be throwing crankbaits and spinnerbaits, in the back halves of creeks. Much better chance of getting some kickers. Sometimes the buzzbait bite has started by then.
    Jan 20th, I finished 4th in the FOMNTT on Lanier with 15+ lbs, three largemouths 3* or better on crankbaits in a foot of water, one spot 4.19 lbs in 4' of water also on a crankbait. So many of them are already in the backs. Culls hit jerkbaits.I was a quarter mile from any water over 20' deep. This is a great time of year for both numbers and size.

4. Georgia Bass Club Moderator fishnfool38's Avatar
    John is dead on also while doing as John says pay special attention to those staging areas close to the bedding areas some will be loaded. Cold fronts are game changers then if you have a cold front push thru night before slow dowwwwwwwwn. That is one of my favorite times of the year especially when the water temp hits 52°-54° and rising its on! Before that a jerkbait will catch some big spots but takes lots of patience.