Fenders/trailer issues

I’ve heard a lot about trailer issues. Is going to the fiberglass fenders worth the extra money? Or do they have the same issues as the standard trailers? Thank you in advance for your time!

2. Member
    I had a tire blow towing son's Master Craft with fiberglass fenders. Really tore up the fender. Had a tire blow on a Seaswirl with metal fenders, no damage. Will not be ordering fiberglass fenders on next boat.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jboutfishn View Post
    I had a tire blow towing son's Master Craft with fiberglass fenders. Really tore up the fender. Had a tire blow on a Seaswirl with metal fenders, no damage. Will not be ordering fiberglass fenders on next boat.
    really good point!

4. Banned
    No way I'd have fiberglass fenders, they would tear up too easy. best thing is to back off fender bolts add a drop of blue locktight and tighten back down. also make sure to snug bunk board bolts especially after 1st two trips.

As stated on the other thread I have had several blowouts during the years, not all blowout are the same... i know. I only received some very cosmetic damage on 1 blow out out of several. I don't want metal fenders.

If you do got with metal replace the diamond plate with a rubber material as another member did.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BMCD View Post

If you do got with metal replace the diamond plate with a rubber material as another member did.
    I compared the adhesive rubber pads from Home Depot and Harbor Freight, Home Depot were softer and had better adhesion.

7. Banned
    i like the look of diamond plate better

8. Member
    I have fiberglass fenders and experience to blow out going 70 miles an hour on interstate 71 in Ohio, zero damage to my fiberglass fenders.
    '21 Silverado 1500 Duramax
    '12 Nitro Z9 Mercury ProXs 250
    Power Pole
    Lowrance
    Elite Rods
    Venom Lures

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffersa12 View Post
    I have fiberglass fenders and experience to blow out going 70 miles an hour on interstate 71 in Ohio, zero damage to my fiberglass fenders.
    You were very fortunate.
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com