150 xr6 oil injection issue

Hi. I have a 2002 150 xr6. Serial #0T578840. I have a question about the oil injection. I noticed the clear line from the pump to the fuel line had air in it. Just to see I pumped the primer bulb up tight and noticed the fuel was traveling up this line toward the pump. Also noticed air moving up the line from the pump to the tank. So I have some air in the oil tank on the engine. Is this normal or is something wrong here? Here is a pic of the line I'm referring to.20210212_181036.jpg
    Last edited by jerskain; 02-12-2021 at 06:22 PM.

\'02 Triton Tr186pd
    Mercury 150 xr6

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    The brass "mixing check valve" at the bottom of the clear line is bad, permitting fuel to enter the oil line (and contaminating the oil injection system with fuel).

Utilizing an OEM Repair Manual, the check valve needs to be replaced. Also a good idea to empty and re-fill the engine mounted oil tank, replace the CLEAN lines using the appropriate Radius-Head Tie Wraps, and bleed the oil injection system as instructed in the service manual.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    Thank you Don. Can I do an order over the phone?

\'02 Triton Tr186pd
    Mercury 150 xr6

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Yes, but would have to email for invoicing (email is best method to order).

If you want to order or price Mercury Engine Parts or Accessories...

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor