Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NCbound3 View Post
    I've got a 2018 Z20 and was looking to possibly upgrade but loan payment would still be too high. I was just wondering how guys buy new boats every year without having a massive montly loan payment?
    Some of these are professional, maybe not professional in that their boat looks like the side of NASCAR car. They could be guides or they finish in the top 15 or so consistently of sanctioned tournaments in their area.They are able to buy a new boat every year at "cost", and don't have to pay for it until 12 months later. So, what they do, is sell their current boat at what they paid, which is usually a good price for a 1 yr old boat, buy another one and the cycle starts all over again. So, it's really a form of advertisement for the manufacturers.
    2018 Nitro Z21
    250 Optimax Pro XS - 2B533232

2. Member
    Larger down payment.
    Work two jobs.
    Marrying a wealthy family.
    Get a big raise.
    Good at gambling.
    Sell something.
    Steal something.
    Sell drugs.
    Buy in the spring then fish all summer until they take the boat back for not making payments.
    I could think of some more.
    when you see this on the water stop and say hi.

3. Member
    Paid 23k for new boat. Sold it 12 years later for $17,750. Put two graphs on it that cost about $800 total. Figured I came out good. If you take care of your boat you can sale it for a good price.
    2017 TRITON 21 TRX ELITE DC
    2023 250 MERCURY PRO XS
    23 FURY 3
    Z LOCK 10" JACKPLATE
    LOWRANCE GHOST 36V
    Garmin 93sv
    Garmin LVS34
    Rite Hite Turret
    HDS 12 GEN 3
    HDS 9 GEN 3

4. Member
    I used to sell boats. Most of my customers were upside down to the point that they wanted the sales tax included. All they were interested in was, “how much is the payment”.

There are lots of “team” guys or “pro staffers”. They get discounts up to actual cost of the boats. They get a boat without paying anything up front. However, the day that next year’s boat is delivered the full balance on the old boat is due and payable. That’s all good if they have a buyer, if not, they can be in deep do do real quick. A few years back one of the local guys had 3 “team” boats at his house with no buyers in sight.

One thing I have learned there are many more people that are in a better situation then me financially. When I think how can they afford this and that, I always come to the conclusion they made better decisions then me in life.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

6. Dogfish_Jones
    Quote Originally Posted by BMCD View Post
    One thing I have learned there are many more people that are in a better situation then me financially. When I think how can they afford this and that, I always come to the conclusion they made better decisions then me in life.
    I would not say they made "better decisions than you". I think a person can make some great decisions in life but the real break happens is when you make that decision and a great opportunity is there for the taking. Those two things need to be place together for those that make it big.
    Like when I lived in Nashville, I listened to many of better performers playing on the street corners, alleys and two bit bars than you hear on the radio. The difference was they were in the right place at the right time.

Well I agree, but putting your self in the right spot to get that opportunity is making a good decision.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12