Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Last edited by fishinarc; 03-29-2021 at 06:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadows View Post
    Couple things:

1. I-81 has some pretty heavy traffic.
    2. It runs the entire length of VA through all kinds of elevation changes.
    3. If insurance agencies want to change the laws for tractor trailers that's fine, but that's not an excuse for ignorance.
    4. Yes, I do know what happens when a truck gets along side another truck for multiple miles doing 65mph.... it creates traffic jams. Not sure where you're going with that one.

Like I said Every driver knows what happens. The rig passing is faster,( that is how he caught up to pass) being along side of the truck in the right lane he “pulls” that truck down the road. Like I said, don’t blame the guy in the left lane, blame the guy in the right lane because he is too stupid to shut his CC off for 10 seconds.

As far as trucks being slowed down ( insurance companies have em by the short hairs, slow em down or we rape you on rates) Even the troopers have said it has caused problems.

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassman Ia. View Post
    Like I said Every driver knows what happens. The rig passing is faster,( that is how he caught up to pass) being along side of the truck in the right lane he “pulls” that truck down the road. Like I said, don’t blame the guy in the left lane, blame the guy in the right lane because he is too stupid to shut his CC off for 10 seconds.

As far as trucks being slowed down ( insurance companies have em by the short hairs, slow em down or we rape you on rates) Even the troopers have said it has caused problems.
    Let's be honest here. If people haven't figured out how to pass big rigs by now they probably never will

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pa.X19 View Post
    To much waste when you hit em with the truck
    Depends on the truck

Quote Originally Posted by Walkabout7781 View Post
    Have driven I-90 eastbound across Snoqualmie Pass at 2am. The 18 wheelers are cruising in the left lane(s) and won't get out of the left lanes. If there are 3 lanes, they're NEVER allowed in the left-most lane. The right lane is all washboard/rippled and makes the ride too harsh for their squishy butts? Yeah, that must be it. I passed them as fast as I could manage, in the right lane...and stayed in the right lane. We used to have an independent trucker in WBC, and we talked about that, and why the right lane was so rough. He insisted it wasn't because of heavy truck traffic in the right lane.

Chains chew up the right lane, you see it on most mountains (except for California they do a good job on repairing roads)

Used to be a 10 mile stretch on I-29 where trucks drove in the left lane. I had a trooper come up behind me and tell me to take the right lane. As he started to pass me the back trailer almost knocked him in the median. During our conversation on the shoulder I asked him if he saw the ruts in the asphalt in the right lane. The next week signs were up telling trucks to use the left lane for the next 10 miles. Cars still got pissy mainly because most never read signage. Took them several years to fix the road, they considered the signs as a cure.

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by stratofast View Post
    Depends on the truck
    True Hunt em down at will if you got the right rig

7. Banned
    We have our share of idiots here in NC also so do not feel bad.

8. Member
    I have not witnessed it but they need to. If you are not passing get out of the left lane.

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie-Raven View Post
    Curious to how you know a car driving by has drugs in it or not?
    how much weight to lift

I-81 through VA REALLY REALLY REALLY needs to be three lanes with no heavy vehicles in the left lane. At very least they need to add a third lane evry few miles to give people a chance to break up the cluster.

11. Member
    Twice, but was only given warnings.
    when you see this on the water stop and say hi.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basscat21 View Post
    Here the Staties will ride right up on a left laner, no lights but will tailgate so close to force you over. Its actually unsafe what they do. I see it a couple times a week on my commute. In the Morning its green flag racing you don't need to be in the left everyone is doing 80 up 495, just stay in the right and keep up....

I wasn't slow poking but drove too long in the left lane. The trooper lit me up and give me the look but didn't do the traffic stop. I got the message!

13. Member
    I had a fraternity brother in college who did that, and had no issue with it. He said he would drive 72 mph in the 65 mph zone. Nobody needed to go faster than that in his opinion. Someone asked him why he thought he could go 7mph over the limit and it was ok, but someone else couldn't go 8 or 9 over. If you're doing it because of a safe limit, then run 65 mph, since that's the law. He couldn't be convinced he was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeet'r89 View Post
    I-81 through VA REALLY REALLY REALLY needs to be three lanes with no heavy vehicles in the left lane. At very least they need to add a third lane evry few miles to give people a chance to break up the cluster.
    Ugh. I take this route to visit family in New England. Half the time I think I'd be better off rolling the dice in I-95...
    Wishing I was Fishing

15. Member
    Come on man! Many of you guys are wasting a perfectly good opportunity here to bash the cops for being lazy and not doing their job!

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishingfarmer View Post
    I had a fraternity brother in college who did that, and had no issue with it. He said he would drive 72 mph in the 65 mph zone. Nobody needed to go faster than that in his opinion. Someone asked him why he thought he could go 7mph over the limit and it was ok, but someone else couldn't go 8 or 9 over. If you're doing it because of a safe limit, then run 65 mph, since that's the law. He couldn't be convinced he was wrong.
    keepers of the speed. They know what's best for everyone
    1995 Ranger 690 VS
    2008 Yamaha 150 4 Stroke

17. Member
    If the right lane is littered with potholes, Im driving in the left lane period. Ill take my chances on getting a ticket, even then it will be much less expensive than replacing ball joints, tie rod ends, shocks, tires, etc. that get damaged by potholes.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234