Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Losing fish by the pound. CDN Bass's Avatar

Phoenix - OPTIONAL FIBERGLASS DUAL BOW MOUNT SHROUD ???

What is this elusive unicorn? I've looked for pics everywhere.

Confused on the description.

Thanks!
    Maple syrup... I put that sh*t on everything!
    '09 Stratos 201 XL EVO DC | 250 Pro XS | Razor 4 25P | 6" JP | 10' Talons Gen 2 | 112# Ultrex | Lowrance C12 x 4 | AT | '16 RAM Rebel

2. Member
    Fish have fins, they swim

3. Member
    watch my video about it

4. Member
    click on pic to blow upIMG_1606.jpeg

5. Losing fish by the pound. CDN Bass's Avatar
    Thanks, guys!

I had to build my own dual mount for the console, since nobody made them:

20190801_175429.jpg

... and I used a Procise stack mount with BBT gimbals. The original gimbal for the bow mounted 12" Carbon completely twisted and failed on one trip back from the Main Duck Islands to Waupoos, ON. An ethernet cable was a casualty as well. Fortunately I had already replaced the Live 9 plastic gimbal mount with a BBT beforehand, or that unit would be at the bottom of the lake.

20190801_175440.jpg

20190801_175855.jpg

That fiberglass dual shroud would probably be destroyed on Lake Ontario. Unless, of course, it's bolted through and also has backing plates for the gimbals.
    '09 Stratos 201 XL EVO DC | 250 Pro XS | Razor 4 25P | 6" JP | 10' Talons Gen 2 | 112# Ultrex | Lowrance C12 x 4 | AT | '16 RAM Rebel

6. Member
    The boat will crack in two before the dual graph mount will break. It’s solid piece.

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Jim View Post
    The boat will crack in two before the dual graph mount will break. It’s solid piece.
    it probably wont break, but it will rip off the front deck if its not held down by much. Seems like if is not thru bolted eventually it will come loose up in the north.

2023 Ford F150 XLT Super Crew 2.7L Ecoboost FX4
    2021 Phoenix 721/ Mercury 250 ProXS 4s
    HDS16 Pro- Solix15 : Console
    HDS16 Pro W/AT - Garmin 126 W/ lvs34 - Solix12/ 360 : Bow
    Dual 10' Blades/ Lowrance Ghost/ Bobs Hydraulic Plate
    225ah cranking / 100ah trolling. Ionic/Relion lithium

MLF Invitationals Angler
    Instagram @brettcarnright

8. Member
    I'm also curious if anyone has torture tested one of these dual shrouds? Four and Five foot waves not uncommon and occasionally one can get stuffed.

9. Losing fish by the pound. CDN Bass's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_Jim View Post
    I am not stating it 'may' break, but as per the following:

Quote Originally Posted by haus9393 View Post
    it probably wont break, but it will rip off the front deck if its not held down by much. Seems like if is not thru bolted eventually it will come loose up in the north.
    Yup, Lake Ontario and Lake Champlain can really destroy equipment. Chit needs to be bolted through, and not screwed down. The pics above show it to be through bolted with allen bolts. It looks sturdy.

10. Member
    I just got mine in for my boat. Haven’t installed it yet but it’s pretty dang heavy duty. The glass is 3/8 thick with bracing in the back all glassed in.

A.J. Kelty Versailles KY
    2021 Phoenix 920 Elite

11. Losing fish by the pound. CDN Bass's Avatar
    That looks pretty stout. Not sure what sonars you are using, but I would recommend BBT gimbals. I used the BBT gimbals with SS hardware and E-Locks. I used them on each side on the bow units, and on the outsides of the console units, so that I can have a clear line of site between them. Check the pics. I still need to reinforce the console mount cross member with a t-rail. They flex/bounce a bit.

20190801_175429.jpg

20190801_175440.jpg

(Not sponsored.)

This new shroud is supposed to be extremely tough - I have one on order and will be replacing my BBT/Custom bow shroud. The shroud mounts using wellnuts from what I understand and the graphs bolt to the bracket shown above. That bracket screws into the shroud with allen screws. They built this specifically because of the demand for stronger mounting solutions on the bow, multiple graphs and big water, so I expect it to be overbuilt.
    2024 Phoenix 21 XE - Mercury 250 PRO XS Serial #3B429919
    2017 Phoenix PHX 21 - Yamaha 250 SHO
    2010 Skeeter 20i - Yamaha 250 SHO
    1988 Procraft 1780 Competitor - Mercury 100

It would be nice if Phoenix would build the bow mounts and front panel into the boat as 1 so there was no screws at all. Then have a panel on the bow step near the nav light that is removable to access your wires and back side of the bolts for the graph mounts. This would also make trolling motor installs much easier as well. They could have a big triangle cut out of the full no skid pad and we would just remove that triangle piece to have full access. Then put the panel back on with a few screws and if made thick enough will easily support the weight of a person. I’ve been wishing for years they would do it with the console as well. Instead of accessing the console with the black plastic shroud. Just make that all fiberglass and put a hatch between the windshield and top of the console. Then nitro went and did it. I like where Phoenix head is at with this mount but it’s still not bullet proof. The most rigid mount out there is thru bolting the bridge style over the trolling motor pedal or just bolting a gimbal through the deck off to the side of the trolling motor pedal with one of the new style bbt brackets that are extremely thick. Everything else eventually will fail. I just look at mounting graphs the same way you mount a trolling motor.

2023 Ford F150 XLT Super Crew 2.7L Ecoboost FX4
    2021 Phoenix 721/ Mercury 250 ProXS 4s
    HDS16 Pro- Solix15 : Console
    HDS16 Pro W/AT - Garmin 126 W/ lvs34 - Solix12/ 360 : Bow
    Dual 10' Blades/ Lowrance Ghost/ Bobs Hydraulic Plate
    225ah cranking / 100ah trolling. Ionic/Relion lithium

MLF Invitationals Angler
    Instagram @brettcarnright

14. Member
    2020 Phoenix 920 Elite

Brett I agree with you - I have always thought a flat bow and heavy metal plate on a hinge would be perfect. The deck and hull are all fiberglass so as long as we can through bolt it will be as rigid as a deck mount. The center stack will be easier to get off now with glassed in nuts and Allen screws for a quick transducer or GPS puck change. I’ll try to post some pics when I get it.
    2024 Phoenix 21 XE - Mercury 250 PRO XS Serial #3B429919
    2017 Phoenix PHX 21 - Yamaha 250 SHO
    2010 Skeeter 20i - Yamaha 250 SHO
    1988 Procraft 1780 Competitor - Mercury 100

Isn’t this whole shroud (the larger piece) still attached with screws and not through bolted?

I’ve got a PROcise mount on the front end that I’ve been using with a single 12” unit on big water with no issues. I’m adding a second 12” unit upfront this spring and will be installing the top portion of the mount this year that through bolts to the nose/top cap. Nothing is dependent on the shroud, but I do wish there was a second bolt on the top portion.

Id love to see some feedback on this factory shroud upgrade after someone has a full year of experience on big water and a pair of 12’s on it.
    Last edited by Rick James; 02-14-2021 at 09:50 AM.
    ~Matt Miller
    23’ Phoenix 21 PHX - 250 ProXS

17. Member
    I wish they made one for the 921 pro xp

18. Member
    It’s held on by six Allen bolts that screw into the bow nuts that are molded in the boat fiberglass.
    2020 Phoenix 920 Elite

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick James View Post
    Isn’t this whole shroud (the larger piece) still attached with screws and not through bolted?

I’ve got a PROcise mount on the front end that I’ve been using with a single 12” unit on big water with no issues. I’m adding a second 12” unit upfront this spring and will be installing the top portion of the mount this year that through bolts to the nose/top cap. Nothing is dependent on the shroud, but I do wish there was a second bolt on the top portion.

Id love to see some feedback on this factory shroud upgrade after someone has a full year of experience on big water and a pair of 12’s on it.
    I'm struggling to focus on Rick James' comment... I just keep hearing

Three's not a crowd to her, she said
    "Room 714, I'll be waiting."
    When I get there she's got incense, wine and candles
    It's such a freaky scene.

That girl is pretty wild now
    The girl's a super freak
    The kind of girl you read about
    In the new wave magazines.
    That girl is pretty kinky
    The girl's a super freak....

Sorry in advance if this post goes in another direction... Super Freak is going to be playing in my head all day now.

20. Losing fish by the pound. CDN Bass's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick James View Post
    Solid AF with one through bolt and a rubber wedge. It takes a Lake Ontario pounding without issues.

20190801_175440.jpg

20190801_175855.jpg

Just make sure that you use BBT gimbal brackets. Factory gimbals can't take the pounding and twist or fold. Ask me how I know.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast