Spike-it or Sharpie Markers

Instead of shooting paint through a air brush can a Spike-it or Sharpie marker be used to make some highlights such as a chartreuse line down the bait, marking the gills red, and/or adding a black spot on the bait? If a marker would not work what about nail polish. Using a marker or nail polish would be easier and faster. I would seal the bait using thinned Devcon epoxy.

2. Member
    I have done it with both. I didn't clear over it though . When I did it I didn't intend for it to be permanent. If I remember right both of them faded.

I use the sharpies quite a bit. They have a tendency to fade or bleed if not sealed with a light coat of clear before using the top coat. I let the ink dry for a day then spray a very light coat of clear acrylic, dry for another day then top coat.

4. Member
    For a black dot or red gills, just use a Sharpie permanent marker. I know they make yellow and turquoise ones as well, but don't know about chartreuse.

The black dot and side line on this one are sharpie
    20210212_150623.jpg

6. Member
    CS coatings make a paint marker as I just bought a red one to try painting gills with.

Allen

7. Member
    Sharpies work great....you’ll just need to freshen them up every couple trips.
    Lightning 6
    2007 TR-196DC

8. Member
    Sharpie makes paint pens too. Not sure if they'll have the colors you're looking for.
    2016 Ranger RT188, Yamaha 115 sho, dual console, 80# Ultrex, hotfoot, networked HB Solix 10 & Helix 9, Mega 360. Powertech NRS3 18p, Atlas 4" jack plate.

Sharpie Xtremes last a little longer than the regular Sharpies.
    WashCo Tournament Series