Thread: Hey texas

Hey texas

Someone please verify what's going on for real down there,we are hearing
    Roads are being blocked to supplies,select areas for power,no food etc..
    Outlaw Bass

2. Banned
    Things where I’m at are almost back to normal. Dumbasses are hoarding food from the grocery stores though, makes no sense, since the weather is good.

Some places are without power due to downed power lines, my bro in law works for a phone company and they (and the electric company) have telephone/electrical poles snapped in half, due to the weight of the ice.

Maybe it’s worse up near Dallas???
    Last edited by grout-scout; 02-21-2021 at 09:28 PM.

3. Member
    I can tell you what it is like in Livingston, Texas. We visited our local Walmart today and found milk (limit 2 per household), no eggs, very little bread. Perishable items (butter, cheese, yogurts, biscuits) were low but some on shelf. Water aisle low, but merchandise available. Grocery aisle stocked and items available. Wife needed eggs so she visited HEB and found some there.
    Roads around town were basically impassable Monday through Wednesday of last week. You could get around but very slowly. Roads north of this east Texas town were in worse shape than here. North east Texas roads on Wednesday and Thursday were still icy and barely usable.
    This being said, things are beginning to return to normal. As far as being blocked to supplies, I have not seen that at all. If a truck can get through, they have been running. As far as power blackouts or rolling blackouts, yes, we were out three different times last week for only 2 hours at most any time.
    These are observations from my travels and experiences.

4. Member
    Appreciate yous,we where hearing of political involvement,stay safe,wish you all best of luck
    Outlaw Bass

5. Member
    In Houston you can get one free flat of bottled water for driving in a long line in your fairly new vehicle for free,thanks to Alex Bergman!Good deal?Im sorry but I buy three flats at HEB for ten dollars and have at my house all the time.What is up with people?

6. Member
    Historic winter storm. Snow ,ice and -2 temps in East Texas. Lasted a week. Supply chain down for days. Power outages,rolling blackouts,water supply frozen,busted water mains. No water,no toilets. Now that it is thawed out everybody going to Walmart to restock. What was there is gone. My daughter use to make fun of my 12 cases of bottled water I keep on hand.
    If you depend on one source of energy you are screwed.
    If you where prepared it was OK. I had plenty of propane and bottled water. It was a good drill.

7. Member
    Well said Dr Drop! My well froze up but I have my own private lake so was able to bust ice and get water for the restroom. My wife 40 weeks pregnant and we still haven’t been able to have our child due to Shreveport hospitals not having water. Lots of people pulled together and helped out their neighbors through the tough time. The farmers and ranchers are the ones that had it rough trying to keep animals fed and watered.

8. Member
    Unless you were living under a rock, we had several days warning of the impending cold weather. We filled bath tubs with water. We always keep 5-10 cases of bottled water on hand. A good supply of non-perishable food. Wrapped our water pipes in advance. If you are prepared, you do not fear.

I was surprised at the long hours without heat, but we have blankets, etc. I never had to crank up the outside propane grill. But thought about it.

When I bought my F-150, it had heated seats. Never thought I would use them. But it was nice to sit in the truck, turn on the seats and charge cell phones. But cell phones were pretty much useless. We had no cell coverage. I have to use my wifi to get my phone to work in my house. 4X4 truck so we could get around if needed.

Lessons learned: I need to get another generator that is dual fuel —(Gas and propane). Get radiant heater over space heater. I need to look into solar generator so it can be used indoors.

I think this was a good practice run. I'll be even more prepared. There will be a next time.