Prop to Pad Recommendation G3

I have a 2006 G3 Eagle 175 with 90 Yamaha 2 stroke. I just installed a 6" Vance manual jack plate. Can anyone give me a recommended prop to pad height from experience? I have read on the xpress forum were 4.5" below pad is the sweet spot for the 17' boats with 90s, but couldn't really find anything on the G3's.
    Thanks!

2. Member
    Seems to me, it might be good to start @ 5" PTP and work your way up in 1/2" increments until you find the best performance without losing water pressure. I will be doing the same thing with a new to me, Trophy Plus this spring... Although on an X19 with 10" of setback.

3. Member
    Depends on you load and prop, no two boats will run the same trial and error is the best way to find the sweet spot.

4. Member
    Thanks Smallie, that sounds like a good starting point. I did try the two props I have the day after I put on the jack plate but ran out of daylight before I could really start adjusting anything. After the fact I measured my PTP and it was actually at 3 1/2 below pad and i never lost any water pressure. My RPM were a little higher than before the jack plate but my speed didn't increase any and it seemed like I wasn't getting enough bow lift. I'll try it at 5 whenever we get some warmer weather. Good luck with your new to you Trophy Plus this spring!