ULTERRA Riptide 36v 112, 54” shaft I pilot/ link

Will Minkota come out with a smaller shaft than 60” on an Ulterra Riptide 112, 36v I pilot I link. Remote deploy. I’m hesitant to get a 60” shaft for my bay/ flats boat X22 Shearwater. I don’t want to have 15” above my deck for freshwater. But want riptide for salt water. If some of you use a 60” for freshwater casting and flipping I’d like your opinions. I’ve checked and the shaft cannot be shortened.
    Dave Swimm - Ranger Z21, Yamaha Vmax 250 HPDI
    ‘17 Shearwater X22 Hybrid, Vmax 250 SHO
    I can't leave anything stock, I can't leave well enough alone.
    I need to customize everything. I think I can improve others
    designs, sometimes.

2. Member
    They have started eliminating some options on all motors. I am sure they have the most popular options, but it is probably less expensive if they don't have to build as many different models. I am sure you noticed you would have to get a 24 to get the shorter shaft. The bigger the boats probably need the longer shafts and that is the more likely to want a longer shaft. Bob
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

3. Member
    I have a 60” on my Nitro Z20. I’ve never had a problem with it sticking up in my way.

4. Member
    Why can't the shaft be shortened?
    Quote Originally Posted by DAVESWIMM View Post
    Will Minkota come out with a smaller shaft than 60” on an Ulterra Riptide 112, 36v I pilot I link. Remote deploy. I’m hesitant to get a 60” shaft for my bay/ flats boat X22 Shearwater. I don’t want to have 15” above my deck for freshwater. But want riptide for salt water. If some of you use a 60” for freshwater casting and flipping I’d like your opinions. I’ve checked and the shaft cannot be shortened.

5. Member
    The electronics are setup to work with that length shaft. The Ulterra can be trimmed up and down by the user as well as the stow and deploy movements will be different for different lengths. I think if you shortened it to a stock length and replaced the circuit board it might work but probably a big expense. Remember that is all charged to the owner of the motor. JMO Bob
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

6. Member
    What Bob says is correct. Even though you would want to spend the money to shorten you still could not do it with a 112 because a 60" setup is the only length they build.
    If you want something with a shorter shaft then I recommend a Riptide Terrova.

7. Member
    I run a 60" on my boat and have about 12-15 inches sticking up, really don't bother me, my front fish finders dual mount sticks up about the same,
    2006 Tracker Pro Team 190 TX 115 Merc