Question Dash Mount on 2005 ZX225

I want to mount a single unit at the dash on a 2005 ZX225 without doing a total modification or removal of all the gauges. I will mount either an HDS 9 or HDS 12. If someone on here has done what I am attempting let me know how it went. I am planning on removing the Lowrance flasher located in the middle of the gauge cluster and sandwiching two thick aluminum or steel plates in the opening and attaching a RAM mount or equivalent to the plates. The RAM extension I have in mind is 3" or the other mount has a 6 inch arm. I would run the cables through by having a cut out in the plates. My biggest concern is bracing on the backside so the mount can't spin. I am open to thoughts or suggestions.
    Gary Burks Fergus Falls, MN
    2005 ZX225/2017 225 SHO

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by flippenstick View Post
    I want to mount a single unit at the dash on a 2005 ZX225 without doing a total modification or removal of all the gauges. I will mount either an HDS 9 or HDS 12. If someone on here has done what I am attempting let me know how it went. I am planning on removing the Lowrance flasher located in the middle of the gauge cluster and sandwiching two thick aluminum or steel plates in the opening and attaching a RAM mount or equivalent to the plates. The RAM extension I have in mind is 3" or the other mount has a 6 inch arm. I would run the cables through by having a cut out in the plates. My biggest concern is bracing on the backside so the mount can't spin. I am open to thoughts or suggestions.
    I used two aluminum plates sandwiching. And i read all my engine data on my graph.

3. Member
    You could make a call to precision sonar or one of the other board sponsor's and
    they will hook you up with their solutions!

Good luck!