Thread: Jerkbait action

Jerkbait action

What jerkbait has the same roll as a Spro jerkbait?

I don't have a good answer as it's been my experience that all jerkbaits are a little different. That said, so that others might be able to help: If that's what you want, any reason you don't just get a Spro? My experience has been that they make high quality baits with good components. Is it a cost thing?
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

3. Member
    I bought the Spro but have pointers/jackall/kvd jerkbaits and was wondering if any are the same action

trying to fit the baits I already had in where they are needed

Gotcha. There was an episode of BTL where McClelland was talking about the design process. I recall him mentioning he wanted to combine different features from his favorites to create that one. Could've been marketing bs, but it seems like he actually mentioned the specific baits...something like getting one feature from the Rogue here, another from a Pointer there, etc. I can't tell you exactly when the episode was, but I can tell you where I was when I was listening to it. It was a restaurant close to a place where I used to work, and given that I haven't worked there for a few years, I'm confident the episode was in summer 2018 or earlier. Might help to get an idea.

Past that, you could always just work the bait next to the boat and compare it to your other baits.

Hopefully someone else has some ideas!
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

5. Member
    I’m no expert on jerkbaits but do throw them nearly every trip. Outside of the lip I generally look at the sides. Rounder sides stay more vertical on the retrieve while the flat sides roll more. That creates a different vibration and flash and may also contribute to how erratic they fish. As to the Spro, I would have to go out into my cold garage and look at them.
    I like Big Bass, I cannot lie

6. Member
    I own Spro, Jackall, Strike King, and Megabass. Throw em all. Cold, cold water I'll start with the Megabass. I must compliment Megabass. A month ago, I had a new MB Vision 110 in Clear Laker. Caught 2 nice fish and then it started sinkin like a rock. Contacted the company. Sent the bait in, sans hooks. Filled out a questionnaire. They replaced it. Good company.
    2017 Phoenix 618Pro