Banned

My experience with Nutrisystem

Almost a year ago I decided to give Nutrisystem a try. Because of COVID, the lines at the supermarkets were long and the whole shopping experience was a pain. I would have to say that figured in on the decision to try the program. I dieted for just over 2 months and lost 27 lbs. Started at 212 lbs and got down to 185 lbs. I fit my boat a lot better, ha ha. Here it is almost a year later and I'm back up to 200 lbs, so I've decided to go another round with Nutrisystem again. This time I'm going to try to lose the weight at a slower rate and stay dieting longer. The Nutrisystem meals are supposed to be augmented with green vegetables and lean chicken. You are allowed a certain amount with each meal. I didn't do that the first time. I just ate the provided food for each meal. That made for a spartan diet for sure. I sometimes felt a little weak, and initially I was hungry between meals. I definitely had to draw on my willpower to stick to the diet.

This time around I'm fixing big batches of snap peas, fresh green beans, and okra, all heavily seasoned. I'm also have two eggs every morning. I'm less hungry then the last time.

I found the taste of meals acceptable. I actually liked about 70% of the meals, tolerated another 20%, and had to choke down perhaps another 10%. One can customize their meals providing you know what you like and don't like. The first time I just took what they wanted to send. This time I eliminated those meals I didn't like.

As far as exercising goes, I didn't do a lick of exercising the first time around. In fact, I was a couch potato. This time I bought a gym membership and I'm walking on the indoor track. My goal is get down to 175 lbs and make a lifestyle change to maintain that weight.

I'm 67 years old.
    Last edited by RKW; 02-09-2021 at 06:22 PM.

Your plan should work, good luck!
    1997 Charger 186 TF
    1997 Yamaha ProV 175

Good for you! Could you share what Nutrisystem costs per month? I've been wanting to try it.

Im on the fence about it also. I like the idea of a structured diet. Please keep us updated.

5. Banned
    I'm spending about $380.00 every month for the plan. Down to 190 pounds now.

Great job

7. Member
    How's it going now, haven't seen you post lately??

I am starting something again and at 70 its going to be a pain to make it work, i really need to lose 100 pounds like it did 10 years ago, my doctor says i am a goner if i don't get it off. Well i firmly believe you go when your time is up, but maybe with the time i have i can be a little more happier if i can get by the pain of being hungry!!!I lost weight before by relying on salmon, grilled cat fish and maybe a grilled chicken while at work plus snacking on some almonds, was thinking about trying that again.
    I am 5'11" at 265 so i look like the round mound of rebound right now only not so tall!