I just sent a text to my fishing buddy

So let me set this up. Raynaldo has been picking on me for buying a bunch of new rods and reels prior to retirement recently on BBC. I told him I would make an appt to see a psychologist and seek counseling. Here is the text I just sent him.

I set my appt with Psychologist Dr. Reid, Thursday at 3pm. I have to bring my own mask and blindfold for the 45 minute session. I’ve written out 9 major bullet points to memorize for our conversation to defend my compulsion to acquire vast stockpiles of ultra high end bass fishing gear. It’s an easy defense mainly around protecting my arthritic body from undue abuse of overweight rods and reels. I can easily defend using 10oz rod and reel combos in pursuit of little green fish. They just don’t grossly impact my joints and tendons etc. Yes, owning dozens of $1200 combos might sound expensive but the money really does not matter compared to protecting my body from undue abuse. Does this sound reasonable? I’m trying to avoid the long-term commitment to weekly counseling sessions. That time could be better spent scouring the daily ads on BBC for state of the art equipment that will be easy on my old ass frame.

2. Member

You can never have too much tackle

Goobs
    Lake Hartwell
    Phoenix

3. Member
    Thank you for sharing the cartoon. So funny! I’m glad I’m not the only one, lol

I have enough "Tackle" to open a Tackle Shop, but nowhere near as the collection of SHOES my wife has !! You should have heard her "Explanation" defending the purchase of $200 Thong Sandels !!!! (Like "Flip-Flops) AND, She bought 3 pairs !!
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wmitch2 View Post
    I have enough "Tackle" to open a Tackle Shop, but nowhere near as the collection of SHOES my wife has !! You should have heard her "Explanation" defending the purchase of $200 Thong Sandels !!!! (Like "Flip-Flops) AND, She bought 3 pairs !!

That’s so funny