Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 716AP2 View Post
    Anyone using one of the victory casting for their frog rod? If so, which one?
    I do not own a Victory yet, but my buddy is letting me borrow a 7’4” Heavy Victory for the week. I have 7’4” Heavy in Bass X and Mojo and like both for punching and frogs, but the Victory is an ounce lighter. It feels very versatile. Handles a big jig/punch rig perfect, but has a soft enough tip to cast a smaller Texas rig. It’s sensitive for sure, and balanced for a St. Croix. Rod weighs 4.2 oz! The reel seat isn’t my favorite, as I’d rather have a Fuji ecs, but it doesn’t feel bad at all. I don’t care for the hook keeper placement either but that’s not a huge deal. The cork handle is nice, I’d say it’s a winner!

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Klinger N Ok View Post
    I hope they come out with a 7'-7'6" Light action Fast/Mod. Fast spinning rod for casting light baits long distances.
    Fishing a 7'10 MMF Spinning rod at the moment with Spybaits/ spinheads.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LegendX View Post
    Fishing a 7'10 MMF Spinning rod at the moment with Spybaits/ spinheads.
    There is also a 73MLXF that will be released in the next few days for the remaining 17 coming at iCast.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by r83srock View Post
    I do not own a Victory yet, but my buddy is letting me borrow a 7’4” Heavy Victory for the week. I have 7’4” Heavy in Bass X and Mojo and like both for punching and frogs, but the Victory is an ounce lighter. It feels very versatile. Handles a big jig/punch rig perfect, but has a soft enough tip to cast a smaller Texas rig. It’s sensitive for sure, and balanced for a St. Croix. Rod weighs 4.2 oz! The reel seat isn’t my favorite, as I’d rather have a Fuji ecs, but it doesn’t feel bad at all. I don’t care for the hook keeper placement either but that’s not a huge deal. The cork handle is nice, I’d say it’s a winner!
    Thanks for the info.
    Where is the hook keeper located? Ive read lots of bad reviews on the 7-4 tip(too stiff) in other lines of st croix.. Do you feel this victory line is better(softer) in being able to cast lighter frogs?

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 716AP2 View Post
    Thanks for the info.
    Where is the hook keeper located? Ive read lots of bad reviews on the 7-4 tip(too stiff) in other lines of st croix.. Do you feel this victory line is better(softer) in being able to cast lighter frogs?
    The hook keeper is on top of the blank, right behind the cork handle. It’s an open style keeper, which I like, but a silly spot.

My mojo 7’4” has enough tip to throw most frogs, and I don’t find it to be too stiff, but I feel the tip on the victory is a touch softer yet.

6. Member
    Been fishing the 7’4” heavy this week, mostly jigs, 20lb fluoro, initial observations…

Beastly power, an equal to the xh expride.

Sensitivity I would put at just a touch less than the tatula elites and exprides.

Slightly tip heavy, better than older sc’s though.

Great hook holder, location not so much.

Would like more cork on the butt to get a better purchase for 2 handed casting and a slightly longer handle, great for pitching, casting meh.

Undecided on keeping it, 50/50 after a week, may return to try the heavy expride or falcon amistad.
    Last edited by Bassjam2000; 06-19-2021 at 11:23 AM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345