*BRIAN CASKEY*
    '00 Tracker ProTeam 185 Special Edition
    '99 75 hp Merc ELPTO (ser. 0G837626)
    Minn Kota Terrova 80 w/Ipilot
    Helix 10 Sonar/GPS / bow 360 / RC-1
    Helix 7 CHIRP MSI GPS G3
    STRICTLY Shimano and St. Croix!!!!

2. Member
    Just curious. Why would you get rid of a full SC 4 graphite Legend Tournament for a SC3/SC4 blend? Again, just curious.

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RFSims View Post
    Just curious. Why would you get rid of a full SC 4 graphite Legend Tournament for a SC3/SC4 blend? Again, just curious.
    Especially when they are not even here yet.......no clue how they will be........???

4. Member
    What the hell is a "sc3/sc4" blend exactly? That makes no sense to me.
    I come from the land of the ice and snow.
    YouTube: PunchFishing

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by punch View Post
    What the hell is a "sc3/sc4" blend exactly? That makes no sense to me.
    Actually read the Roman Numerals wrong. SC3/SC6. SC6 will be used in the butt of the rod, at least the Legend Extreme blank uses it in the butt.
    New Bass Rod from St. Croix - St. Croix Rod (stcroixrods.com)
    Last edited by RFSims; 02-11-2021 at 08:40 PM.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RFSims View Post
    like the tournament, it’s got the good technologies in it and uses the SC6 for a stiff but and SC3 to create a softer tip, in theory. While the tournaments have a more premium SC4, their balance is notoriously bad and they are claiming the new one is better balanced. I could see that being a legitimate reason if it turns out they are solid rods. Wouldn’t do it until I got to check them out at least though.
    Last edited by Scud_Muffin; 02-12-2021 at 02:47 PM.

Never said I WAS selling tournaments to get the new release. Said I MAY

And as to why I would “downgrade”.... the ONLY reason I have ANY tournaments in my lineup is because they make a technique specific rod. 4 of those happen to fit my arsenal and offer a lifetime warranty.. never liked the way they balanced (however they have gotten better over the years). If they made the Elite, Xtreme, or X in the rod I needed, I would have it, but they don’t

definitely will put the new victory in my hands and compare before offloading.
    *BRIAN CASKEY*
    Helix 7 CHIRP MSI GPS G3

8. Member
    Again just curious. I don't think St Croix spinning rods can be beat, but I don't care for their Medium Heavy and Heavy casting rods. Medium fast I like. Maybe the Victory will be the ticket.

9. Member
    I'm looking forward to the release of the new rods. I'll pick one up to compare to the xtremes, elite's, tournament, and avids I already own. I don't expect it to be in the same category as the xtreme or elite but I'm hoping it's an improvement over the current tournament and avid line. There are things I don't like about each of those that I'm hoping they've improved.

Derek Hudnall is using this rod now in the Elite tourney. 7'3"M spinning rod for sight fishing. Says it's awesome so far. Landed a 9-8 yesterday.

11. Member
    Ok, so after looking over all the material i'm actually optimistic about this rod line. New models, $200 price point, USA made, 15 year warranty... everything looks good on paper BUT they have to execute on weight and BALANCE. I really want to get some of these in my hand.

They got some serious competition in the $200 space. Tatula/kage & Zodias have really set the bar very high in the 160-200$ price point.
    I come from the land of the ice and snow.
    YouTube: PunchFishing

Quote Originally Posted by dylanl View Post
    I'm looking forward to the release of the new rods. I'll pick one up to compare to the xtremes, elite's, tournament, and avids I already own. I don't expect it to be in the same category as the xtreme or elite but I'm hoping it's an improvement over the current tournament and avid line. There are things I don't like about each of those that I'm hoping they've improved.
    Yeah, they won’t compete with the SCV line (Elite, X, Xtreme) but they will with the current Avid and Tournament line. As mentioned before, the only reason I have a few tournaments in my lineup if because they make certain length/action that works for me.... never really liked the weight/balance of them.... I’d rather have the avid if they made the actions I needed... but they don’t, nor in the SCV series either
    *BRIAN CASKEY*
    Helix 7 CHIRP MSI GPS G3

13. Member
    The website is live with the Victory line.

https://stcroixrods.com/pages/victory

14. Member
    Wish they had the full specs posted. I am interested to see how the weight of these rods compares to straight SC3. That 7'2" MHM might be my new lipless crank rod.

15. Member
    It isn't listed as one of the first eight models, but that pic of the fish caught on a bladed jig shows a 7'2" MHMF also.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PSchueller View Post
    Wish they had the full specs posted. I am interested to see how the weight of these rods compares to straight SC3. That 7'2" MHM might be my new lipless crank rod.
    I wish they would have posted the full specs too. Hopefully they add it to the website soon. I wanted to see the weights after how much they marketed them being light and well balanced. I'm also interested to see what dealers have them on March 19 since it says they'll be available through select dealers.

The Tackle Trap has them and will go live with them on 3/19. There are limited quantities available in this first run, so I suspect many of them to be gone quickly once they are officially available.

18. Member
    These rods look great on paper so far. A lot of their technologies that haven't been in a sub $200 rod before, made in Park Falls, 15 yr warranty, new models to SC, etc. They seem like they will be a real step up from Mojo without a major step up in price.
    Last edited by PSchueller; 02-15-2021 at 07:44 AM.

19. Member
    Thanks Gary! Now I know where I will get one if I decide too!

20. Member
    The product listing still doesn’t seem to have the weight of the rod listed.
    78008FF7-306B-485A-8967-A30C4785B22F.jpeg

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast