Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dylanl View Post
    Thanks for the link with the weights. I'm impressed with those compared to other St. Croix series. Does anyone know if the 7'2" MH, M PWR Target Cranker is glass? I hope not. I haven't seen anything saying it is.
    Not glass. I've fished it.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PSchueller View Post
    I doubt a glass rod could be that light. Looks like an upgraded version of the bass x crankbait rod.
    Very different rod than BassX.

3. Member
    How did you like the rod? What’s the review? Did you try it for chatterbaits?

4. Member
    That was meant for Legend x

5. Member
    FYI I'll have a full video on Victory rods dropping on launch day. ��

FYI the 7'3 Victory spinning rod weigs 3.53oz... NRX 872s is 3.58.
    Last edited by punch; 03-01-2021 at 11:54 PM.
    I come from the land of the ice and snow.
    YouTube: PunchFishing

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LegendX View Post
    Very different rod than BassX.
    How different is it? I was hoping to use the Victory MHM for 1/2 lipless baits.

7. Member
    Not glass. I've fished it.
    I had a hard time believing it would be glass at that weight. Glad it's not. I'm not a glass crankbait rod fan. Quick google search of your name made it easy to see how you got your hands on them already.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Barneybass View Post
    How did you like the rod? What’s the review? Did you try it for chatterbaits?
    The MHM is a fantastic shallow to mid-depth cranking rod; there are others for deeper. I throw a Wart/ RK a lot and it's fantastic. It's also a good light duty application square bill rod meaning SK 2.0/2.5 or lighter - I wouldn't throw an 8.0 on it! I do not like pure heavy action rods around rocks... I honestly think I get hung up more, and I feel the same about wood and a heavier action cranking rod. If you are open water fishing a chatterbait or over the top of cover, which I don't do as much as I should, it works really well.

For my personal applications, if I am going 4x4 grass'n with a Square or a Chatter Wagon... I am going HM. I would also lump a Jabber Jaw in with this too as it's almost a hybrid.

My suggestion to everyone when buying a crankbait/ chatter rod of any brand. The weight ratings only tell half the story. For example, when you're grinding a crank... if that rod doesn't have something left to give when a fish grabs on... after it's loaded up pulling the lure... you're not going to be 100% effective. So consider the weight when casting, and then the 'resistance' when pulling. Unless a person has fished the exact lure you're talking about or not talking about it's really hard to make a blanket statement on crankbait/ chatter rods. For example, when someone says chatterbait are they saying SK Pure Poisson, Hammer, Cricket, Elite,... they all pull different with the Hammer pulling the least and the Elite, I feel the most.
    Last edited by LegendX; 03-02-2021 at 10:03 AM.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PSchueller View Post
    How different is it? I was hoping to use the Victory MHM for 1/2 lipless baits.
    SCIII+ and SCII are very different materials in regards to composition. Weight, feel, BassX is a great platform, but Victory is really a new dawn of rods for St. Croix... BassX will have it's day, I'm sure.

Knowing your application, if you're not ripping it in and our of vegetation, the MHM will be a great platform.

10. Member
    Knowing your application, if you're not ripping it in and our of vegetation, the MHM will be a great platform.
    Thanks! Also, I use braid to leader and tend toward softer rods anyway. I currently use the BassX MHM for 1/2 oz lipless in scattered to moderate grass. As long as the Victory isn't much stiffer, it sounds great for my purposes. Can't wait to see what else is coming!

11. Member
    Thanks for the information! Very detailed and so true about how a rod can perform well for a certain bait and not so well on others. People often ask me which jerkbait rod I use(a specialty of mine) and I always say it depends which jerkbait I’m using. Each one reacts differently. with some you need to smack pretty hard and others just twitch the tip of your rod, etc... same with cranks, Chatterbaits, etc... so many factors on all lures really. That’s why I need 30 rods for each trip! Lol

Today is the official launch! The Victory rods are available for order at The Tackle Trap and will begin shipping today!

Victory Casting Rods
    Victory Spinning Rods

I have a dozen LTB rods for various techniques. The most versatile in the line, for me, is the Sweeper Spinnerbait (LBC70MHMF). I’ve never perceived a problem with balance on the 3 I own. Although, there are other models I haven’t cared for for precisely that reason. The Victory is interesting, but I would think it will be closer to an Avid (great rods) than an LTB. Hard beat the sensitivity of the LTBs at their price point.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

14. Member
    Victory VTC71MHF arrived today from TT. I fish mostly Daiwa & Lew's casting and spinning rods. With a smattering of Shimano, Quantum, Okuma and one lonely Ugly Stick in the bunch.
    Here are my first impressions, with out a reel on the rod.
    1) It is extremely light, I mean crazy light. 2) Seems well balance as a bare rod, no reel. Did not feel tip heavy. 3) Length from reel seat to butt cap will allow me to tuck the butt under my arm for one handed pitching.
    Looking forward to putting a reel on it and seeing how it handles in the yard, as the lake is still frozen over.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronzefly View Post
    Today is the official launch! The Victory rods are available for order at The Tackle Trap and will begin shipping today!

Victory Casting Rods
    Victory Spinning Rods

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by punch View Post
    FYI I'll have a full video on Victory rods dropping on launch day. ��

FYI the 7'3 Victory spinning rod weigs 3.53oz... NRX 872s is 3.58.
    Watched that video and anxious to give one a try.

I worked the grand opening of the Fisherman's Central, Port Clinton store this weekend. They have several Victory's in stock. These are not on the website, you need to call the store to order 419-573-6650

17. Member
    I don't get how these rods can be so light (some as light as NRX) with SCIII and lower end fuji guides. Something has to be really different.

Any other opinions after fishing them?

SCIII blended with SCVI. They are indeed light in hand... the reviews coming back from a lot of customers have been very positive for a $180 to $200 US built rod.

19. Member
    I see two in there....7'3" casting, heavy/ extra fast, (extra fast- pinpoint spinnerbate). The other is 7'3" spinning med./ extra fast, ( extra fast- ned rig).

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronzefly View Post
    SCIII blended with SCVI. They are indeed light in hand... the reviews coming back from a lot of customers have been very positive for a $180 to $200 US built rod.
    I finally got to drag around a football jig with the 7'3 H casting Victory and the sensitivity is bang on for the $200 pice point. Kinda makes me wonder how much better it would be if they went with a slightly higher end guide. Sadly I didn't get any bites so I haven't gotten to lay into any fish with it quite yet.
    I come from the land of the ice and snow.
    YouTube: PunchFishing

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast