Thread: 99 21’ XDC ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

99 21’ XDC ?

I’m going look at a 99 xdc friday. It has a 200 Ficht, dual axle trailer and no electronics. Is there anything I should be concerned about other than the motor? Lol I got one picture, but I’m too stupid to post pictures on here.

2. Member
    Check the hull & trailer out just like you would for any boat...that's a really nice hull....BUT, the 1999 & 2000 fichts were different dogs...alot of the parts are no longer available. Buy it knowing that you're gonna put another motor on it. This is coming from a Johnson/Evinrude person....and yes, I have an Etec on my Bullet. That motor may run just fine....but when you need certain parts things are gonna get ugly. And if YOU are not a mechanic it might be very difficult to find someone to work on it. Good luck!!

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 20DC BULLET View Post
    Check the hull & trailer out just like you would for any boat...that's a really nice hull....BUT, the 1999 & 2000 fichts were different dogs...alot of the parts are no longer available. Buy it knowing that you're gonna put another motor on it. This is coming from a Johnson/Evinrude person....and yes, I have an Etec on my Bullet. That motor may run just fine....but when you need certain parts things are gonna get ugly. And if YOU are not a mechanic it might be very difficult to find someone to work on it. Good luck!!
    Was able to look at the boat yesterday and test drive. Boat is in new condition. Channel trailer in mint condition also. The only downside is the motor. But, it ran perfect. If someone can walk me through the step by step,I’ll post pictures. Or I can text them to someone more capable than I am. Lol.

4. Member
    Posting pictures for Shuck Grass

1993 Bullet 20XD
    2000 Mercury ProMax 225

5. Member
    Looks like a garage kept super clean rig to me. When I bought mine 12-13 years ago it had a 225 ficht on it. When the motors running it’s a pretty strong motor but key word WHEN! No one around here would touch it I basically became a ficht mechanic I bought the diagnostic software anything from emm going out, trim pump, fuel injectors, little brass screws that hold the reed valves in place, 3-4 lower units, finally the power head blew i drove 4 1/2 hours to drop it off and have it rebuilt ran it some then sold the motor. So no questions asked def need new motor check your trailer bearings and seals,
    Bullet 21xrs & xdc

That is very nice! Sharp rig! Well taken care of!

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

7. Member
    Sharp boat, I love the white, very clean look. I can't do white here because the water will stain it and make it brown. I know the motor is iffy but you can't go wrong with a 21' xdc, great boat.
    Stroker w/ 300 SuperMag

Man that thing is CLEAN !!
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

9. Member
    Thanks Guys.

10. Member
    Clean looking bullet , must not have many hours on it for the age

11. Member
    Alright Guys, what is she worth?

12. Member
    That is one clean boat!! BUT that motor is the only question. Look at what "catch5nride" wrote, because that is the reality of owning a ficht. That boat sure is nice though!! What is he asking for it?
    Last edited by 20DC BULLET; 02-11-2021 at 06:34 PM.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 20DC BULLET View Post
    That is one clean boat!! BUT that motor is the only question. Look at what "catch5nride" wrote, because that is the reality of owning a fight. That boat sure is nice though!! What is he asking for it?
    $15000

14. Member
    That's a tough call....if the motor is also a 1999 I would sit down and negotiate with him because the 99 & 2000's aren't really worth much at all....and like I said I'm a Johnson/Evinrude guy. See what his bottom line is and go from there.

15. Member
    You can look at the value from several different views... it’s a older Bullet yet looks to be in damn near perfect condition But you know your gonna have to repower at some time. I’m sure you can find a good deal on one of the newer etec,or 2 stroke pro xs (just throwing a number out there)$8-12k or you could put sho, new merc 4 stroke ($17-20k) add smart craft or command link gauges and hydro plate add a little more cash. Then add new trolling motor, recessed petal, battery charger, paint trailer add wheels, live wells pumps, Bilge pumps, battery charger and the list goes on all depending on what you want. With all that being said I’ve ran the same rabbit I have replaced/upgraded everything on my boat and trailer from the brake actuator, axels, rims, lights, pumps, carpet, seats, dash panels, toggle switches, wiring/breakers, trolling motor 3 times, big motor, jack plate, gauges. I Diddnt redo it all over night I’ve owned my boat for several years and do a little here and there but I’m happy with it and don’t have a payment yes I have a lot invested in mine way more then I’ll ever get back if I was to sell. So it all really depends on what all you want to do with it and what your funds are. If you plan on redoing/upgrading the whole rig you might want to see what’s out there in the newer used market but agin it’s all on you and your plans. If you don’t buy it I promise you there’s someone out there that has a power plant just dying for a clean rig like that to put it on
    Bullet 21xrs & xdc

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by catch5nRide View Post
    You can look at the value from several different views... it’s a older Bullet yet looks to be in damn near perfect condition But you know your gonna have to repower at some time. I’m sure you can find a good deal on one of the newer etec,or 2 stroke pro xs (just throwing a number out there)$8-12k or you could put sho, new merc 4 stroke ($17-20k) add smart craft or command link gauges and hydro plate add a little more cash. Then add new trolling motor, recessed petal, battery charger, paint trailer add wheels, live wells pumps, Bilge pumps, battery charger and the list goes on all depending on what you want. With all that being said I’ve ran the same rabbit I have replaced/upgraded everything on my boat and trailer from the brake actuator, axels, rims, lights, pumps, carpet, seats, dash panels, toggle switches, wiring/breakers, trolling motor 3 times, big motor, jack plate, gauges. I Diddnt redo it all over night I’ve owned my boat for several years and do a little here and there but I’m happy with it and don’t have a payment yes I have a lot invested in mine way more then I’ll ever get back if I was to sell. So it all really depends on what all you want to do with it and what your funds are. If you plan on redoing/upgrading the whole rig you might want to see what’s out there in the newer used market but agin it’s all on you and your plans. If you don’t buy it I promise you there’s someone out there that has a power plant just dying for a clean rig like that to put it on
    ^^^^^^^^This^^^^^^^^
    Pretty much exactly what I've done to my boat, and I do everything myself. That is one very clean looking boat....use your head. You know what you can afford and what you can't. Good luck!!!! And let us know what you end up doing.

17. Member
    VERY CLEAN BULLET!!! that's a similar color combo to my 2004, buy it and put a different motor on it

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullet 250 View Post
    VERY CLEAN BULLET!!! that's a similar color combo to my 2004, buy it and put a different motor on it
    That’s what my plans are.

Quote Originally Posted by Shuck Grass View Post
    That’s what my plans are.
    You won’t go wrong with a Bullet in that shape with those looks. The plus...motor runs good and can be sold to help out on the cost of a new(er) motor. Everything else is normal maintenance, bilge/aerators pumps are pretty cheap. Most Bullet owners take a little extra care with their boats than so many other boat owners I’ve seen. I wouldn’t worry too much about 15k, cause that’s a close price range. I would make a fair offer to the owner and see if he bites. Either way, you won’t go wrong. From the pics, that is one of the cleanest well kept boats, especially for the year, that I’ve seen in a while. I’m sure the owner kept up on maintenance.

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WVBullet View Post
    You won’t go wrong with a Bullet in that shape with those looks. The plus...motor runs good and can be sold to help out on the cost of a new(er) motor. Everything else is normal maintenance, bilge/aerators pumps are pretty cheap. Most Bullet owners take a little extra care with their boats than so many other boat owners I’ve seen. I wouldn’t worry too much about 15k, cause that’s a close price range. I would make a fair offer to the owner and see if he bites. Either way, you won’t go wrong. From the pics, that is one of the cleanest well kept boats, especially for the year, that I’ve seen in a while. I’m sure the owner kept up on maintenance.
    Yes sir, it’s clean and all equipment works as it should. I currently own a Triton. I know it’s going to be a learning curve on the driving. I hope it fishes as well as my Triton.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast