Thread: Lund Renegade

Lund Renegade

Anyone have one or fish out of one? Pros and Cons?

2. Member
    lots of storage but not dry. very shallow draft, well made. i have a 1775 with a 90hp really like it but will upgrade to a pro v bass soon

3. Member
    Storage is good. Compartments are not dry at all in a small amount of rain. Rod compartment holder is lackluster/rod tubes break guides. cheapest upgrade is to remove the rod holder/tubes and add some wire rope 1/8 dia. or some gas shocks to keep the compartment doors from break the cheap hinges.
    2019 Lund Renegade 1875
    Mercury ProXs 115hp FourStroke
    Spitfire s/s x7 19p
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80lb 24v
    Atlas Hydraulic Jp 4" setback
    Lowrance HDS Carbon 9 Dash & Bow

4. Member
    My Lund impact wasn’t dry either I had to take everything out of the boat if I got stuck in the rain.
    2023 Phoenix 819 pro
    2023 200 Pro XS 4s 3B373365

pond boat
    2020 pelican Bass raider 10E

5. Member
    I've read on here about several brands of tin boats getting wet but never a glass boat. Why is this such an issue with tin boats?

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Nat's Dad View Post
    I've read on here about several brands of tin boats getting wet but never a glass boat. Why is this such an issue with tin boats?
    every tin boat I have ever owned was wet, my last boat was a crestliner fishhawk, great boat but everything would get wet in a light rain, heavy rain soaked. I had to buy all new tackle trays with the seals so my baits wouldn't get damaged. I moved on to a glass ranger and this thing is BONE dry. The only time water gets in is when I open a storage box in the rain. I have to air out the boxes after fishing in the rain so the gear I was using can dry, that's how tight the boxes are. Some higher quality tin rigs will have dry stored, the key is to have raised lips on the boxes with some sort of gasket or foam to make the seal along with a channel to direct the water away and to the cockpit to drain into the bilge.